5.3.116 is out

Home Forums General News and releases 5.3.116 is out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I just did this build. There are some fixes in it (stuff we discussed on the forums). There is libusb initial support with lua bindings for those of you who want to communicate with non-midi devices (requested). I’m doing Linux builds right now. I can’t promise when i’ll be able to sit to OSX builds due to lack of time (windows and linux i can do at work, after that i’m out of time recently), but i’ll try to get to it, remind me and scream at me i will get to it if pushed enough.

zeoka
      Participant
        • Topics: 73
        • Replies: 466
        • Total: 539
        • ★★★

Hello Atom

just a feedback about 5.3.116

the windows sizing feature in restricted instance is ok ,really cool

I wonder for a possibility to update that state by LUA ( I assume the windows size is synced to panel size)
        could be great for a panel that has 2 size changed via a button

I encounter issues with ctrlr dll iud or tag because I had 2 ctrlr name (old and 116) in maschine and export instances seems not working ,the new dll return to ctrlr dll blank when openened. It worked the first times but now not
        tried to regenerate iud , no success
        I revert back to 107.dll version

-the vst0 still broken in daw + linked to another mod in the panels

-“statedata” works in instances

-“called when the panel has finished loading” seems to fail for exported instances
        midi syx is sent anyway at startup and my custom resizing method gives confuse results. the script that evitate that is in this callback.

All the best

SWB
        Participant
          • Topics: 35
          • Replies: 157
          • Total: 192
          • ★★

Please sit to do the Mac OS builds and hopefully you can also address the json4lua and debugger.lua compile problems I mentioned earlier! Of course I respect your free time after work, so don’t take my “screaming” too literally 😉

SWB
          Participant
            • Topics: 35
            • Replies: 157
            • Total: 192
            • ★★

Well, I did download the latest Mac build, 5.3.85 and this one doesn’t have the compile errors for json4lua and debugger.lua. Finally the panel behaves as expected. So consider my previous message as ‘not written’ ;-)! BTW: the Mac OS X build with the mentioned errors is version 5.2.100.

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 80
              • Replies: 793
              • Total: 873
              • ★★★

The window of my restricted instances is always smaller in size than it should be, it always have scrollbars. Even if I increase panel width and height and export again, the window is again smaller, I’m really confused about it.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

I will look at those bugs asap and try to fix them.

I tried doing a MAC build this week but there is a load of issues with libusb now and i need to fix them on the mac, this means a few days of hacking in Xcode etc.

zeoka
                Participant
                  • ★★★

The window of my restricted instances is always smaller in size than it should be, it always have scrollbars. Even if I increase panel width and height and export again, the window is again smaller, I’m really confused about it.

me too ! tried 122

the vst0 issue is there also

I think Atom worked (5.3.35) on vst indexes assigned when in edit mode

ex: I create new mod and ctrlr assign new indexes (before when a new mod was created it just copy the index of mod source .

I think this is this stuff that break vst 0 . I could be wrong but after this update the error appears

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by zeoka. Reason: edit : not precised wich version
                  atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

This build i did was mostly to equalize the libusb support. And now it’s on all platforms and it builds fine. I’ll be getting to the bugs you mention soon.

Can you be specific about the “vst 0 bug” do you mean that there is a problem with the modulator with vst index 0 ? (still???!?)

i’ll have a look at the window size for exported instances, this is tricky on different platforms due to the window toolbar size, but i’ll try to do some exact calculations.

zeoka
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

On two of my panels (saved with news builds)

The first param in hosts has no name “undefined”
                      the panel knob move the corresponding daw slider but not inverse : the param is broken

and it is linked with another mod ( it seems random ex : vst 1 on a panel , vst 32 on another )

5.3.26 is ok
                      5.3.35 get the error

edit: the instance seems to send midi at startup but normally it can’t

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by zeoka.
                      • This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by zeoka.
                      Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      dasfaker
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★

-”called when the panel has finished loading” seems to fail for exported instances

I can confirm this (at least vst exported instances). The log file shows that loadValueTree method is executed, but it stops there. “Called when the panel has finished loading” is not executed.

zeoka
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

The strange thing is on the mopho panel : the lookAndFeel is executed thought

It is at the end of “CalledWhen..” after a timer ( I does that just for checking purpose). the “custom repair trigger button at startup” method that was inside seems to work too..
                          strange
                          But you see something wrong…

For the windows fixed size it works nice on my other panel but IMPOSSIBLE to export instance with ressources !! tried various things
                          This panel has 2 sizes and has a “setSize” script in “CalledWhen..”
                          this fail at startup (however I just have to push the dedicated button to correct this ) for one of the sizes. (all is correct with ctrlr.exe or dll)
                          BUT the window size is working normally

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

What’s “loadValueTree” and what platform, i’m testing this o Linux and i see that this method gets executed, maybe something fails in Lua previous to this defined method and it doesn’t get executed.

I need some more info to reproduce this.

zeoka
                            Participant
                              • ★★★

I think this is “statedata” Callback..

atom
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★★★

THis does not clear things up for me, what’s “statedata” callback ?

dasfaker
                                Keymaster
                                  • ★★★

In my case, the problem is this. The first time I load the vst instance in Ableton Live everything it’s fine. I save the Live project and “Called when Ctrlr state is saved” is executed (this is named “saveValueTree” method).

Close the Live project and reopen it. As I see in the log file, “Called when Ctrlr is loaded (DAW opens a project)” is the first method executed (this is named “loadValueTree” method), and then “Called when the panel has finished loading” method should be executed next, but it isn’t. In a non restricted instance, I can execute this method from the console, but with restricted instances I’m doomed.

This is the code executed in “loadValueTree” method:

--
                                  -- Called when data is restored
                                  --
                                  loadValueTree = function(stateData)

myStateData = stateData
                                  end

With Ctrlr inside Live this works fine.
                                  I’m on Windows7 64x.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                There is currently 0 users and 59 guests online
                                No users are currently active
                                Forum Statistics
                                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                Ctrlr