Home Forums General News and releases 5.3.163

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    zeoka
    Participant
      • Topics: 73
      • Replies: 466
      • Total: 539
      • ★★★

yeah ! the first param issue is gone

the buttons still dead but you’re in it

thank you atom

i go more to github , i can understand sometimes what happens in juce or even c code at github but find exactly where code are , it’s another story
      i try to figure how structure is

the l&f is not applied to fixedSlider , i will try to take time to look in github
      i think this is just a story of ctrlrmodulator type name

good afternoon

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Pete
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 8
        • Total: 8

Hi everyone,

i install build 163 for x86 (WinXP) 32bit but installed is the x64 64bit version. I have ticked the right boxes for 32bit on Installshield but 64bit are installed. I´m still on 32bit. Startup ends with error message
        Wrong procedure entry kernel32.dll”GetFinalPathNameByHandleW”
        Can anyone correct them please.
        Sorry for my bad engl.

Thx Pete

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Pete.
        joma
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 6
          • Total: 7

Hi have the same issue here!

Under Xp/32bits, i get the message: “The procedure entry point GetFinalPathNameByHandleW could not be located in dynamic link library Kernell32.dll

Came back to 5.3.159 wich launches fine!

Pete
          Participant

…no matter what version i choose during installation 5.3.163, always installed version x64 and Ctrlr Launch fail on my XP/32bit. I have to try it many times but without succses. Crtlr 5.3.159 launches fine, but the uiButtons im my Panel not function anymore with.

I´m back to 5.3.136 while everything is fine with this. But i squint at the “Mainmenu hide” option 😉

cheers pete

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

I think JUCE is at fault here, i’ll do another build with a potential fix asap.

Pete
              Participant

Hi Atom,

thx for your help to fix the installation issue with 5.3.163. I look forward to it.

And thx for this great pice of Software and your hard work on it.
                I have great fun to play with (sorry, to work with, of corse) 😉

Great Respect to you!

regards pete

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

Well there is a build to try i uploaded yesterday, i posted an issue on the JUCE webpage and Jules agreed to fix it.

BUT !!!!!! (big black juicy bouncy butt)
                  windows XP is not supported by M$ and won’t be by ROLI(JUCE) and me so don’t expect any more fixes on the subject of this OS. sorry

Pete
                  Participant

Hi Atom,
                    thank you for trying, but version 5.3.165 is not running also on xp 32bit. XP dies, I know. It is very unfortunate that there will be no backwards compatibility, but is probably not going to change. My whole studio system is xp 32bit and run without any problems since many Years. A switch to 64bit I am unhappy. The day will certainly come.

Thank you for this last chance at a current 32bit version.
                    I look forward to it

Many thx and best regards.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Pete.
                    atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Well it’s your choice. Once jules updates JUCE with the fixed i proposed, i’ll post another build. If that one doesn’t work i can’t do anything more, please try that next one too.

Pete
                      Participant

Atom,
                        i´am very pleased with your efforts and thank you for it. I will report about the next build in terms of 32bit.

cheers

Pete
                        Participant

Hi Atom and all there,

many, many thx for the new build 5.3.169. This build can by installed under xp 32bit without problems and start´s up.

But, with this build none of my uiButtons, Combo Boxes, Sliders etc. , are working now on my panel that i´m working on. It seems that the connection to the responsible lua methodes is broken. The same issue i have with build up to 5.3.159.

To 5.3.136 is the last build that work fine with my Panel without any issues.

Is there mayby any solution for that? Is there any serious changes from build 5.3.136 to build 5.3.159 in the LUA-syntax or any other that i still don´t know?

Demo-panels are working fine. It seems that any special has changed after build 5.3.136 that ist not compatible with my panel.

Any help are welcome. I don´t find it my self and have no idea wat´s wrong.
                          I´m not a Programmer, but i have study the Forum and the demo- and userpanels many times to understand how goes it (specialy Lua). My Lua-Methodes are working fine under 5.3.136. I have dumps, sends, assings in both directions, graphs, labels ect, bla,bla. I understand Sysex. Can do many things like better, but for me it works. But i don´t find the issue up to 5.3.159. For a tip, I would be very grateful

Anyway, thx a lot to Atom and the Guys behind to make this Ctrlr-thing possible, and specially for the fast reaction to a call for help.

best wishes
                          pete

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

i’ll have a look asap

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

works for me for new sliders, could you maybe send me a panel thats at fault, i’ll debug it here

Pete
                              Participant

Hi atom,

i have a past minor version of my panel found, where everything is running smoothly with 5.3.169.;) So the problem is definitely on my programming and not on ctrlr.version 5.3.169 runs perfectly under XP 32bit. 😉

I have to search my panel on the error. But firstonce thank you for your kind offer to help. I should not find a solution, I rise again. But now I do not want to waste your time. A nice weekend and thanks again.

Best greedings
                                Peter

Pete
                                Participant

Hi Atom and all,
                                  short feedback if it relates to someone else or interested.

I’ve found a solution to my above problem (functionless UIButton from Ctrlr v 5.3.159). The reason I could not identify. But the solution is easy. I have the old UIButton (which was generated with CTRLR v. 5.3.136 and older) deleted and simply created in their place new in Crtrl version 5.3.169. This then linked to the corresponding Lua methods and voila, it is working properly again ;)))))

Sliders and Comboxes were not affected by the thing with me only the UIButtons.
                                  To the Lua code I need to change anything. My programming is still accurate. Puhhh .. Now the work can go on to my panel.

Greetings and thanks and happy Weekend to everybody here 😉

Cheers Pete

atom
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★★★

Yeah it was a bug where buttons had a “internal function” but i fucked up how the property was handled and they were broken, doing nothing. This is now fixed and should be fine (this is why the mac fix is broken).

as for the mac i think there is a deeper problem that i can’t figure out right now, it looks like the application is working in debug mode, that’s why it’s so slow, it should be in release mode and working fast, but something is wrong with the build, i’m still trying to figure out the new xcode and i need to spend more time on that.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                  There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
                                  No users are currently active
                                  Forum Statistics
                                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                  Ctrlr