5.3.26 new feature(s)

Home Forums General News and releases 5.3.26 new feature(s)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

A Lua debugger is now embedded in Ctrlr. You can enter the debugger using two ways, by setting a breakpoint (double click on the line number inside the Lua editor, it will be highlited in red, double click again to unset it), or by calling the special pause() function (it takes one string argument so that you can tell what puase is the one that occured).

Once inside the debugger, you get some control like step-over, step-into, step-out, continue, theese are basic debugger command for stepping over the code. You also have a view of local variables and the current stack trace. You can directly interact with the debugger in it’s window, type “help” to get some commands that you can use.

This is all very experimental and not very well tested, but even at this state it might be helpful for more advanced Lua purposes.

One thing i know is broken and can’t be fixed for now is debugging any paint methods, this seems to be broken on Linux, it will cause crashes. It might work on other platforms but i’m not sure (i got mixed results). So be aware of that.

Other stuff
      – JUCE has been upgraded to 3.1.0
      – lua initalization has been fixed
      – LuaSocket has been removed
      – new callbacks for passing arbitary data when saving/restoring Ctrlr state (panel specific)
      – embedded lua console in the lua editor (thanks to cyberCBM)
      – some lua editor fixes and utils (thanks to cyberCBM)
      – LookAndFeel is almost ready i still need to add an example panel but the code is there and ready

artofnois
      Participant
        • Topics: 26
        • Replies: 40
        • Total: 66

No Mac update?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

I hope to upload it this weekend, but i make no promises. All my time after work goes to finishing the MIDIBOX SID synth.

artofnois
          Participant
            • Topics: 26
            • Replies: 40
            • Total: 66

When you plan external midi devices (Controllers) to work like some tima ago…. ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr