6.0.1 release

Home Forums Development Commits 6.0.1 release

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 10
      • Total: 11

I just uploaded the 6.0 upciming release, this will be a bugfix-clean version 6. Right now it contains all the latest library versions, removed all the ui stuff i added that just made the app heavy and useless.

Next step is to merge all the commited changes from users, i’ll try to do that tomorrow and do a next builld.

Once that’s done i’ll do a Linux/Mac build.

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

Nice to see you’re on the road again, kudos for that, Roman!!

What do you mean by “removed ui stuff…”? It’s is the look&feel stuff present in 5.3.201 but removed in 5.4?

Anonymous

all lua stuff and everyhing that makes panels work is there, i removed all the UI stuff that i thought might ctrlr look nice, and it doesn’t. i want 6.x to be fully backward compatible, just leaner and stable.

a posted a linux build today i hope to get to osx soon, for now i don’t have a mac but i’ll get something soon

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

Great news, I’ll take a look at the new build as soon as possible.

proton
            Participant
              • Topics: 19
              • Replies: 94
              • Total: 113
              • ★★

Hi Roman!
              Happy New Year 2019 and Thank You for the newest build.
              So far so good, except, the VST version on Windows is showing like this (see attachment) and the plugin window can’t be resized in any way. Ideas what could be wrong? I will test some more and report any weird findings!
              Cheers!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by proton.
              Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Possemo
              Participant
                • Topics: 14
                • Replies: 638
                • Total: 652
                • ★★★

Nice – a big thank you from me too. When I find the time I will test the new version thouroghly. Ctrlr is an unique app. I did not found any serious alternative whatsoever.

Best
                Chris

Anonymous

@proton what version of Cubase is this, i’ve seen this issue before on cubase only

proton
                  Participant
                    • ★★

Hi Roman,
                    it is Cubase 10.0.10 (the newest version with the actual newest update).
                    The ver. 5.3.201 of Ctrlr worked flawless though.
                    Cheers!

opuswerk
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 7
                      • Replies: 102
                      • Total: 109
                      • ★★

@Roman Kubiak:

This is some fantastic news. I still use the last OSX build here, working around some of its quirks, so a new version with the bugs fixed, like you seem to have done on the Windows version would be fantastic.

Btw, I’ve recently delved in the world of hackintosh, and depending on the components of your PC, it might actually be not so difficult to get OSX to run and to be able to work on it ?

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
                      www.facebook.com/opuswerk

proton
                      Participant
                        • ★★

Hi Roman,

short feedback regarding ver 6.0.4.
                        Great to finally see the included VST3 format of Ctrlr!

Issues:
                        When both plugins are installed – VST2 and VST3 – only VST3 is visible from inside Cubase and Nuendo (newest and older versions) and it is in the “Synth” category but this is no biggie.
                        When VST3 version is not installed/copied, the VST2 version finally pops up in Cubase/Nuendo but it has the same issues as described already above in this thread, tested on Cubase 8, 9, 10 and Nuendo 7, 8.
                        A VST3 plugin version of a panel (that is working already as VST2 just to be sure that the panel isn’t the issue here) does not pops up in Cubase or Nuendo at all. Nada. Like it isn’t there (but it is), the VST3 version of a panel made with the VST3 version of Ctrlr isn’t also blacklisted in Cubase/Nuendo (this happen sometimes with plugins from other vendors).
                        So considering issues above the new build is not usable at the moment: VST2 panels can’t be created due to the CtrlrVST2 version issue and VST3 panels can be created but are invisible for the DAWs so no luck here either.

Any ideas what might be the cause?
                        I was so pumped seeing the VST3 format added and knowing that Steinberg is ditching the VST2.4 for good very soon and allowing only VST3 plugins to be used in a near future.
                        Always happy to help/test newest builds!
                        Thank You again for your commitment to this awesome project and let’s hope for a working, bugles version of Ctrlr soon!

Cheers mate!

Anonymous

I’ll test the vst2/3 issue once i get my hands on cubase, as i don’t have that installed or own it, but i’ll figure something out.

There is a delay on the mac build due to compiler issue, looks like LLVM from apple is not compiling pieces of code that MSVC and GCC are happy to compile. So i’m trying to fix those issues.

daimondamps
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 8
                            • Replies: 80
                            • Total: 88

I just uploaded the 6.0 upciming release

What a great news!! Happy to hear you are back !!

Anonymous

But you can load Ctrlr as a pure plugin without a panel ? like on the screenshot ? it’s only an exported instance issue ?

Anonymous

Also i think no exported instance will work for now, the entire VST code in JUCE has changed, i need to modify it heavily to make exported instances working. I’m on that now

daimondamps
                                Participant
                                  • Topics: 8
                                  • Replies: 80
                                  • Total: 88

@Roman just please do not remove luabind from the project .
                                  I’m using their oo-system in lua http://luabind.sourceforge.net/docs.html#class_lua .

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by daimondamps.
                                  proton
                                  Participant
                                    • ★★

Hi Roman,
                                    yes, I can load Ctrlr as a VST2 plugin but with the graphics issue above and VST3 Ctrlr without any issues.
                                    Also i can open my Panels from the VST3 version of Ctrlr and they work fine. The exporting as you mentioned above is not working for now.
                                    I hope that help.
                                    A helpful tip: You can test any version of Cubase or Nuendo for 30 days fully functional. Just an idea 😉
                                    Cheers!

goodweather
                                    Participant
                                      • Topics: 45
                                      • Replies: 550
                                      • Total: 595
                                      • ★★★

Hi Roman; Welcome back and happy New year!
                                      Great news to see v6 compatible with previous versions (will try it soon).
                                      Still using 5.3.201 as I got several issues with my panels trying the newest versions.

I’m also still willing to support you in writing for example a description for each property.
                                      I have always been a bit frustrated to see they are all links but without anything behind them.
                                      I supposed you planned to make some kind of bubble that would be displayed on mouse over the property label (this is what I have on a portfolio management tool I’m respoonsible for at work).
                                      Then we could introduce some on/off switch in preferences to display or not the bubbles.

So, just a proposal…
                                      I could write a draft that you would review and correct (I’m not using all props so unsure about what they are doing).

m.tarenskeen
                                      Participant
                                        • Topics: 30
                                        • Replies: 113
                                        • Total: 143
                                        • ★★

I am trying Ctrlr-x86_64-6.0.1.sh on Linux Fedora 29.
                                        If I try to start the standalone Ctrlr binary (have not tried the Ctrlr.so Linux VST yet) I am getting this error:

./Ctrlr: error while loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.28-system.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Previous Ctrlr versions are still working normally.

$ ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libbfd
                                        libbfd-2.31.1-17.fc29.so
                                        libbfd.a
                                        libbfd.so
                                        • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by m.tarenskeen.
                                        Possemo
                                        Participant
                                          • Topics: 14
                                          • Replies: 638
                                          • Total: 652
                                          • ★★★

I have just started to test the new version. It seems so far so good (v6.0.4). vst2 Plugin does work within Reaper-x64 as expected. It now loads much faster which I found was the only problem on the old version. When you d’ load a project with lots of Ctrlr plugins you had to wait for a long time. This is very cool and it makes it worth for me to go for the new version.

I really hope that we will be able to make instances soon (or at least some day). I think instances are essential. They are much easier to handle for people not knowing anything about Ctrlr. Without the instance it feels like having an unfinished product.

Best
                                          Chris

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Possemo.
                                          m.tarenskeen
                                          Participant
                                            • Topics: 30
                                            • Replies: 113
                                            • Total: 143
                                            • ★★

Having problems with the Linux version (see previous message, hope this can/will be fixed) I am now trying the new Windows version.

It seems many of the buttons in my Panels now have a fresh new look. Square and rectangular buttons now have a rounded look. Looks really nice for some panels, not so nice for others. IMO what used to be smaller rectangular buttons look better in the new style. What used to be large square buttons look kind of ugly now. Personal taste, I guess, it also depends on the colors I choose. But is this rounded-button-look configurable or is it forced by JUCE?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Commits’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr