Alesis Andromeda A6

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Alesis Andromeda A6

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

not JUCE but THE JUCER you can get it here http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/downloads.php, create a new component and you’re off, add sliders toggle buttons group components, size them, place them, add labels to them. Ypu can create TabbedComponenet that hold other componenets too (just create as many components as you want, save them and set them as tab componenets).

it’s really simple.

sempervirent
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 8
        • Total: 8

It’s really simple for you because you use it all the time!

I downloaded JUCER and I can create a component. How do I start to compile various components into the overall GUI?

Before I even get into that, I really need to do some mockups in Illustrator. I’ll post whatever I do here, so that other Andromeda owners can give their feedback.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

You’re right.

I’m not asking you to compile anything, unless you want to. Just lay out sliders, buttons, groups, combos, tabs and on components, and once youre done send them to me.
          Slider/button background whatever UI skins, are added later, JUCER does not support skinning components, you can give backgrounds that for components (right side, Graphics tab)
          you can add images and add them as backgrounds in the Resources tab (you add an image from a file and then you can use it). Name those components that will interact with the synth
          for ex sliders for an ADSR envelope, a6Env1Attack, a6Env1Decay, a6EnvSustain, a6Env1Release (the prefix is optional and you don’t have to use it, but it will be easier for me to understand what each
          component should do in terms of MIDI).

sempervirent
          Participant

OK, so with Jucer, I am creating a library of parts (components) but not creating the overall layout of the interface?

If that’s possible in Jucer, I can’t figure out how to do it. I can only create a single component at a time.

I’ll definitely use an organized naming system when I put the components together. But let me know if there’s a way to create the overall interface in Jucer instead of doing one knob at a time. I tried to read through their documentation but still need some help to get started.

Also, send me a PM with your email – I don’t have it yet but you should have a PM with my email.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

You can open ANY Ctrlr editor (http://code.google.com/p/ctrlr/source/b … 0Micron/UI open the file MicronEditorWrapper.cpp in JUCER) and have a look how it’s done.

i’ll pm you asap with my email

Anonymous
                • Topics: 2
                • Replies: 7
                • Total: 9

Hows the progress coming along with the Andromeda editor? Would help with programming if I was any use to you guys but think all that is way out of my depth!!!! Desperate for this controller!!!!!!

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

well i’m watiing for some graphics to start with, i really don’t have much time lately and i was a bit sloppy on ctrlr, but i hope this will change soon.

i’m also branching out a new ctrlrv5 that will be one program withh all the existing editors in one binary/plugin.

Anonymous
                    • Topics: 2
                    • Replies: 7
                    • Total: 9

ctrlrv5 sounds awesome! Did you ever get anywhere with the fetch function? That would be amazing, to be able to fetch a preset you have stored onto the hardware and then store in your DAW. Keep up the good work mate. Like I said if I knew a thing about programming I would be onboard!

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

yes i got it working, actualy i was testing it with the Evolver and using just a few lines of LUA code (you can see in the Evolver XML) and the new engine you can translate sysex dumps into usable Ctrlr data.

sempervirent
                      Participant

Sorry to disappoint anyone who is still expecting this, but I haven’t made any significant progress due to work and personal projects. I’ll post an update here if that changes any time soon.

Antonio Escobar
                        Participant
                          • Replies: 1
                          • Total: 1

Hi,

I really love this project, and I can’t wait for this A6 adaptation. Any news?

Regards!

guigeek
                          Participant
                            • Replies: 3
                            • Total: 3

hello

is this project closed please ?

it is impossible to do or just no time to do ?

thank

kcoul
                            Participant

@guigeek it is not at all impossible it’s just a very large project. Have you seen the Andromeda editor for iPad?
                              http://www.matrixsynth.com/2013/05/tb-midi-stuff-andromeda-editor-v1-now.html

I am going to take a shot at this but not decided if I’ll use Ctrlr or something else like MaxMSP. I love the Ctrlr panel for my Supernovas but I want something that will let me automate whatever parameters I feel like in a DAW, and I’m hoping to get something to work with Ableton Live. I’m annoyed because I just found out they are enabling Sysex for Live 10 but not fixing NRPN.

So it might be possible to do a Ctrlr panel with Sysex but since the Andromeda only sends out NRPN from it’s panel I can’t do what I want that way.

kcoul
                              Participant

I also just learned that because Andromeda only sends NRPN from the front panel and not sysex, it will have to be all-NRPN if we’re going to have a 2-way sync.

I’m not sure if anyone who would know the answer would read this question if posed here, but, one of the main reasons I’m leaning away from Ctrlr towards Max is because I don’t see any way that incoming/outgoing control parameters can be automated within the DAW when a Ctrlr panel is built for a VST, am I just missing something obvious?

dasfaker
                                Keymaster
                                  • Topics: 80
                                  • Replies: 793
                                  • Total: 873
                                  • ★★★

Any modulator can be automated in a DAW if you activate it’s “export parameter to VST host” variable, no matter if the panel is exported as VST or not

guigeek
                                  Participant

it’s a shame for NRPN in ableton, it slow the future again.. i don’t know if someone can code something with max for ableton could handle NRPN ?

have you see ? https://analogdessert.com/downloads/alesis-andromeda-a6-vst-editor/ alot of work is already done

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by guigeek.
                                    kcoul
                                    Participant

I am taking another look at this again because of how well I was able to get my Supernova 2 set up thanks to Ctrlr. Someone built an amazing Ctrlr panel for that synth (it is the digital workhorse counterpart to my A6) and I don’t think integration could be any better than it is (now that I learned how to increase the VST parameters exported to be larger than 64 default value…).

So there are a few approaches. I am hassling Ableton to add NRPN support but I understand that it conflicts with regular CC usability of CC control numbers that are otherwise usable for regular 7-bit messages. It could be possible for them to enable as a switch.

Anyhow we are in luck because for Ableton Live 10, at least Sysex is now supported. So here is what I’m thinking:

1. Build the 1-way CTRLR panel to send Sysex to A6 for all supported parameters first. In this way it can already work similar to how I have my Supernova set up together with an Akai APC40:

a) If all the parameters get exported in the VST, they are available for assignment to Ableton macros (up to 64, but I guess it is enough for automation purposes as long as you can access all of them)

b) The A6 panel cannot be recorded in this limited setup (yet), but it can of course play itself in local mode, and be controlled fully from either the Ctrlr panel or any control surfaced mapped to it

2. See if it is possible to get a feature to synchronize the panel state by requesting a sysex dump of the current patch (if A6 doesn’t acknowledge sysex request, we could still sync state by manually saving to sysex from the panel). If the Supernova 2 person could get this to work, I’m sure we could too.

3. Finally, we will have to see if we can get front panel input from the Andromeda to work. I feel confident this would be fine for all the DAWs except Ableton… so during stages 1 and 2 I will try and keep putting pressure on them to add NRPN support (that process is already started ;))

Ideally once they have enabled it, we can add 2-way support for NRPN as it would be far too complicated to record NRPN but send back out Sysex I think. So by the end of this, maybe there is the option to send data out as either NRPN or Sysex (but never both? although I hear the person who made the iPad editor uses a combination of both)

Just brainstorming here, but I am determined to get this project off the ground. I have a lot of experience with GUIs and JUCER so the front end design shouldn’t take so long compared to untangling the Sysex/NRPN mess, especially for Ableton.

guigeek
                                      Participant

very good, thank for this update, i hope you will win this challenge

i will be happy to pay for a 2 way ctrlr panel for andromeda a6

i have buy the vst of analog desert for andromeda a6 it is cool and work well,
                                        only 1 way for the moemnt, have you see it ?

https://analogdessert.com

now it sould work in ableton 10, i will try this evening

thank

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by guigeek.
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
                                      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                      There is currently 0 users and 82 guests online
                                      No users are currently active
                                      Forum Statistics
                                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                      Ctrlr