BAR OR NOT TO BAR

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros BAR OR NOT TO BAR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KALYWAY
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 32

hello , i want to add a vertical bar in my panel , i cannot find it , or i cannot find an option to flip vertically the horizontal classic bar (linear bar), I ASK ABOUT THE BAR , not about the slider , the vertical slider is on the menu , but not the vertical bar .

many thanks .
      KALYWAY.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

There is no vertical bar, only a Vertical slider. You can do a lot with the thumb of the vertical slider so maybe that might help.

KALYWAY
        Participant

There is no vertical bar, only a Vertical slider. You can do a lot with the thumb of the vertical slider so maybe that might help.

VERTICAL

I HAVE FIXED the horizontal bar to vertical by modifying some code in juce look and feel and juce slider (minimal modifications do not affect anything existing ! ) , the result is perfect ! but i do not added the choice in slider style , i only modified linear bar to vertical in the code , because i do not have need of the classic horizontal bar

BUT if you want the code , i can give you the modifications instructions , with this YOU CAN ADD A NEW SLIDER STYLE IN YOUR PROGRAM : THE VERTICAL BAR !

KALYWAY.

zeoka
          Participant
            • Topics: 73
            • Replies: 466
            • Total: 539
            • ★★★

Interesting

Is it possible to add
            rounded corner for outline
            and outline thickness
            and remove the possibility to type the value in the bar when we are not in edit mode 🙂 ?
            …Bipolar bars or sliders could be cool too , they could be defined by the default modulator value (uiSliderDoubleClickValue)

KALYWAY
            Participant

Interesting

Is it possible to add
              rounded corner for outline
              and outline thickness
              and remove the possibility to type the value in the bar when we are not in edit mode :) ?
              …Bipolar bars or sliders could be cool too , they could be defined by the default modulator value (uiSliderDoubleClickValue)

i d’ont know , the settings are the same like a horizontal bar , finally i have to add linearverticalbar to the ctrlr due to issue with the property editor on the right (the sliders off properties is an horizontal bar “linear bar” , if i change linear bar to vertical the property editor switch also to vertical !!!!

bars

but i have not found how to display vertical bar in slider style menu , the on ly way for me is to edit ctrlrslider.cpp to adding vertical bar in users prefs settings

settings

when i choose uislider from menu panel , it display the vertical bar by default in can roll back to other slider style , but if i roll back , i can not reselect vertical bar from combo box , because by default it display a blank …..

blank vertical

kalyway

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by KALYWAY.
              goodlucknow
              Participant
                • Topics: 4
                • Replies: 7
                • Total: 11

Hi Kalyway,
                Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I am looking to do exactly this, could you please provide instructions on what modifications were needed to add the vertical bar?
                Many thanks

goodweather
                Participant
                  • Topics: 45
                  • Replies: 550
                  • Total: 595
                  • ★★★

What is meant by a vertical bar? A simple vertical line or something more complex?
                  Sorry, but this is not clear from the beginning (at least it is said it is not a vertical slider)…
                  Thx

goodlucknow
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 4
                    • Replies: 7
                    • Total: 11

please disregard my request. this thread was the first result in a google search yesterday and i thought it would be my solution, i have since instead moved to using image sliders instead of the standard ones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 111 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr