Clavia Nord Lead 3 panel work in progress

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Clavia Nord Lead 3 panel work in progress

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cramp
    Participant
      • Topics: 11
      • Replies: 66
      • Total: 77

hi guys,
      I’m really glad that there is CtrlR solution to make my dream come true )
      I own Nord Lead 3 and decided to do panel for Nord Lead 3. There is still a lot work to do but I have tested already its work in Logic and Ableton. The only thing I cannot get now why do automation parametrs in Logic shown as "undefined" and I can see only 63 of them. As for Ableton it doesn’t see any automation via Arrangement window. Within Clip MIDI values are similar to External Instrument

[img:2ir3r5hr]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/nordlead3panel.jpg[/img:2ir3r5hr]

Will keep you posted here about the work progress status.

Cheers, Ilnaz
      http://www.crampmusic.ru

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Very cool, try to export your panel as a standalone instance in AU or VST and see if the parameters are visible then.

Cramp
        Participant

I tryed to do an export to standalone under CltrR windows version. When I start up EXE file it opens but without my background skin. STrange thing. I will try to do export on mac version tonight.
          The other thing I’d like to clarify – I’m using uiLabel to display the last changed modulator value. Tha is fine. You may see the uiLabel LCD one in the center of panel. So is there any way to assign a specific modulator (or maybe a group of modulators) value to this LCD label?

Cramp
          Participant

this how panel looks like when I export to Standalone instance (made it in CtrlR v5.0.3 Nightly 1040)

[img:hrb4ro46]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/nl3standaloneinwin.png[/img:hrb4ro46]

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

can you upload the original panel so i can see what’s wrong ?

Cramp
              Participant

ok,
                I did Nord Lead 3 panel export on latest nightly mac version of CtrlR as Standalone instance. It tooks approximately 5-10 minutes (size 44.6 Mb) to compile the standalone app. Looks great indeed
                [img:22bv2t2y]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/nl3_standalone_mac_app.png[/img:22bv2t2y]

Should be "Edit Mode" accessible via that app? I think it is not required because you cannot save made changes.. i think it is pointless..whatever

I also gathered an information from MIDI monitor..I have to say this model of Clavia is sick with CC parameters..anyway I noted every single Midi CC changed parameter.
                I also noted for myself issues that I wish to solve..
                I will upload panel when all things will be sorted out

and my question to Atom is,

for starters,
                I have the following panel settings
                [img:22bv2t2y]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/nl3-panel-settings.png[/img:22bv2t2y]
                also I tried to enable all settings on that screen )

so,
                when app starts and if I press keyboard no sound..then I turn on program change on Nord Lead 3 then I hear the sound. Knob parameters and leds set according to patch configuration..but app do not catch that setting in visual way.
                But if change program directly from app then knobs and leds on nord lead 3 are changing.

Nord Lead 3 Midi settings set to
                – PrgChange as Send & Recieve
                – MIDI Ctrl as Send & Recieve

Instr. SysEX ID set to All
                Local set to On – that I can hear the sound (usually it is set to Off by default cause I’m using DAW)

in the end – how can changes that made manually via Nord Lead 3 controls (program change) be applied to app ..meanwhile changes made on app are visible on Nord Lead3
                This all related to program change.
                if I just turn the knob slider I can see on both sides Nord or app.

Hope that I described well.. do not hesitate to ask me questions if I described not well.

Cheers,
                Ilnaz

Cramp
                Participant
                  "atom":lgig801o wrote:
                  can you upload the original panel so i can see what’s wrong ?[/quote:lgig801o]
                  What I found out is when you export panel on mac nightly version app opens ok..that means that mac version exports app including all resources (sliders,knobs,background pics) that used in panel design.
                  On Windows CtrlR exports just panel with old one used resources (Save panel as standalone instance command) – if i go to Edit Mode of the panel on Resource tabe I do not see the pictures of knobs, background that I used during the design only old one that I used initially.
                  When I installed CtrlR all resources are located in C:Users$myusername$AppDataRoamingCtrlrresources.

so,
                  standalone version on CtrlR (nightly 1046)
                  – for Mac – export works fine.
                  – for Win – no.

I guess the problem is not in the panel itself.

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Can you upload the panel here so i can debug it ?

Cramp
                    Participant
                      "atom":z6tpvtoi wrote:
                      Can you upload the panel here so i can debug it ?[/quote:z6tpvtoi]
                      I will PM you a link. Panel is still in progress. Will share only final version to public.
                      Cramp
                      Participant
                        "atom":2v1k0a13 wrote:
                        Can you upload the panel here so i can debug it ?[/quote:2v1k0a13]
                        check PM for link mate
                        the strange thing.. I tried now to export standalone version on Mac. the same thing.. I changed the background today. I dunno why resources are not exported.
                        jaramogi
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 0
                          • Replies: 1
                          • Total: 1

would be really great to get this panel! 🙂

audiounit
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 0
                            • Replies: 1
                            • Total: 1

Would really love a copy of this panel, was looking to make one for my Nord 4 as well. This would be a great reference for that a nice new angle for my trusty Nord 3 still going strong 15 year later :P.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                          There is currently 0 users and 101 guests online
                          No users are currently active
                          Forum Statistics
                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                          Ctrlr