How do I install CTRLR on a MAC?

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX How do I install CTRLR on a MAC?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jonathanf
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

I am a newbie to CTRLR, and I am trying to run the program on my MAC. The instructions say that I need to run the “.app” version of the installer, but I can’t find any .app files in the Download directory.

Where are the .app files to run CTRLR on the Mac?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by jonathanf. Reason: title change
      Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

I guess you downloaded this one: http://ctrlr.org/nightly/Ctrlr-5.3.198.dmg

When you start it it will open a window. Drag an drop the Ctrlr app to your Applications folder. That’s it. The first time when you run Ctrlr you will have to right-click and run “Open” from the popup menu. Then you can override the requester that says ““Ctrlr.app” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” and open it anyway.

If you have an ancient version of Mac OsX it probably won’t work as expected.

jonathanf
        Participant

Thanks for responding!!!

I have a brand new mac with the latest operating system, so I will give it a try using the download link you provided.

By the way, that version of CTRLR is not posted on the website; or I couldn’t figure out how to get to that directory. How did you get there? Is there a direct link, or did you have the link stored on your computer somewhere?

jonathanf
          Participant

Oh… now I see that file in the directory. It is about halfway down the page.

I was looking for a file with the .app extension, as described in the Instructions.

Maybe someone can update the Instructions to point to the .dmg file instead of the .app file for Macs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 48 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr