Ctrlr stopped working in Windows 10

Home Forums Platform Specific Windows Ctrlr stopped working in Windows 10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Norm
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 4

Hello,
      Just installed Ctrlr three days ago. After the install it ran ok but then it crashed a couple of times. Really didn’t think much about it because the program always restarted. Anyway, I completed the tutorial under documentation “Getting Started” with no problem, so I started to download some panels to check out what is being done with Ctrlr. Cool stuff, so I decided to start building my first controller panel. It is for an old Digitech RP-10 guitar effects processor. Things were going good on the 3rd day (which is today) when all of a sudden after I had modified a color fade for a ui group, the program started to not respond. So I closed the Ctrlr program and then tried restarting Ctrlr. Nothing. After a few attempts I decided to restart my computer, then restart Ctrlr. Nothing again. After a few more attempts, I decided to uninstall Ctrlr and then reinstall the program. Still nothing.
      What should be my next step to get the program working again?
      I really like the program and was really getting good with process of building and understanding the Midi stuff and would like to continue. So any help would be appreciated to get the program running again. Since, I am now a forum member and have read some of the posts, I will have a lot of questions once I get going on my project again, so hello world.
      Thanks,
      Norm

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Norm.
      Norm
      Participant

Hey,
        I read a few of these post and found a cure for my problem. I deleted C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Ctrlr folder and the program now starts again.
        Thanks Fundorin!
        Norm

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Norm.
        dnaldoog
        Participant
          • Topics: 4
          • Replies: 480
          • Total: 484
          • ★★

Hi Norm.

I keep two batch files on the Desktop for when this happens – one is to back up the config file and the other is to restore it, as that lock-out you experienced happens occasionally when developing a panel:

BACKUP.bat

@echo off
          copy “C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Ctrlr\Ctrlr.settings” “C:\Users\your_user_name\Backup_Directory\Ctrlr.settings”
          echo copying file over now

RESTORE.bat

@echo off
          setlocal
          :PROMPT
          SET /P AREYOUSURE=Are you sure (Y/[N])?
          IF /I “%AREYOUSURE%” NEQ “Y” GOTO END
          copy “C:\Users\your_user_name\Backup_Directory\Ctrlr.settings” “C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Ctrlr\Ctrlr.settings”
          echo done

Regards.

Norm
          Participant

Thanks Dnaldoog! I copied your batch cmd’s and saved the in my text file I keep for Command Prompts. So far the program hasn’t crashed again but I have been busy with a bunch of stuff so I haven’t had a lot of serious time to spend with Ctrlr but I haven’t given up.
            I have some questions though about how you import image files into Ctrl and also creating a expression pedal type control. I know it would just be a fader or potentiometer type image control but I would like it to look like an expression foot pedal.
            Thanks,
            Norm

dnaldoog
            Participant
              • Topics: 4
              • Replies: 480
              • Total: 484
              • ★★

Hi Norm,

I don’t know much about expression pedal controls, but it must be just another midi signal, I would think. I suppose the image could be a series of animated pngs that change when the value changes. Try knobman.

To import images into Ctrlr, you go to the ‘resources’ tab on the far right and click on ‘Add’ below, but adding images doesn’t work in the latest version as I remember when you assign an image to a uiImageSlider etc.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 67 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr