Deprecated Yamaha AN1X Panel by Layzer – would love help make it work!!

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Deprecated Yamaha AN1X Panel by Layzer – would love help make it work!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89

Howdy CTRLR heads (and the very talented Layzer if you’re around and see this),

Apologies for my recent absence here – distracted by life stuff (and enjoying using the MKS80 Panel I made).

I have a Yamaha AN1X and I’m keen to get it playing ball with CTRLR.

I notice in the deprecated Panels download area there is a Yamaha AN1X Panel. As expected it isn’t working with recent nightly builds (the AMG Eg and Filter Eg subsections aren’t visible) and also the Mouse disappears (I’ve found the LUA console fix for that as a workaround which does work). I’ve downloaded older versions of CTRLR (1535, etc) and with the standalone version I’ve managed to get modulator tweaks outputting with success to my Yamaha AN1X (tweaking filter, I can hear changes) and the subsections mentioned above which were not working are now working.

I’m really keen to build a new CTRLR Panel for the AN1X based on the work Layzer has done previously so it plays ball in recent nightly builds as a VST in Live 9 on OSX8.6.

I’m just wandering if experienced users could suggest the quickest means to accomplish this? I’m guessing study should begin by launching older CTRLR builds in Standalone mode and manually recreating the modulators one-by-one and making use of the HTML Export function within Panel -> Modulator List.

Keen for some input here – feels like a ghost town around here lately!

Cheers!
      JaseFOS

• This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by jasefos.

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

istel
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 2
        • Total: 2

hi!

how did this go? i am using the panel now and it works half, stuff flying around, the mouse disappearing. maybe i’ll try and get into ctrlr and see if i can make it work, but would love to hear if you made any progress?

jasefos
        Participant
          • Topics: 13
          • Replies: 76
          • Total: 89

I haven’t had a chance to progress further on this project just yet (new day job and too many lighting/laser gigs eating into my precious studio time) however I will be keen to help out and co-develop a panel with you.

I acquired the AN1X some years ago and have yet to properly explore it from the front panel so development will take me longer than some who knows it’s architecture well. Happy to help out with GUI design (I managed to make a great MKS80 panel you’ll find in the downloads area).

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
          --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
          --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
          --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

istel
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 2
            • Total: 2

As far as i can see the panel works – at least one way (but not sure it is suppose to work the other way? ie should the patch update when a dial is turned on the synth?)

The mouse disappearing is quite annoying – but when entering panel mode there is a lot of the “modules” that have a NoCursor set, so those i am changing now.. That’s a good start at least 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 61 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr