DSI Pro 2 panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros DSI Pro 2 panel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    goodweather
    Participant
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 550
      • Total: 595
      • ★★★

Hi,
      for those interested, here is a panel for the Pro 2: http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/

Installation instructions and ways of working are described in the included manual.

For the panel editors, you can of course have a look to at the way it has been coded.
      It contains a librarian (bank and programs management) that you can test with the provided files without having the actual Pro 2.

Have fun 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

Feels and looks great! Unfortunately I don’t have a Pro2. Here some bugs I found (or are they features?):

-Some labels are using SansSerif others NeoSans. Was this intended?

-Some params like fm or am seem to have a range of 0-255, “current value” shows [0…127]

– Filter1 has a hidden slider “FilterSelection”

– No Glide parameters

goodweather
        Participant
          • ★★★

Thx for your quick feedback Possemo!
          Well, 3 features and maybe a bug…

• You have probably not installed the font provided in the zip file and it is described in the manual that this is a must to do in order to have a good display 🙂 I tried integrating the font in resources but this gave a lot of issues so I’m afraid it is a bit buggy. I will retry that integration later to check if it is better or to find the actual reason
          • I will check the value ranges for FM/AM. Can indeed be wrong (so much parameters in this great synth…)
          • On normal use you are not supposed to see the FilterSelection modulator… It is a way to manage the 2 filter enable buttons + Osc split
          • Glide parameters are indeed missing but this is also stated in the manual (I promised releasing now and saw that only recently…)

Once again, thx for your very quick feedback; Much appreciated 🙂

goodweather
          Participant
            • ★★★

Corrected/modified today:

• FM and AM intervals are 0-255 and not 127 (was just a display issue)
            • Added test at beginning of PackDsiData to avoid issues at panel load (forgotten in that function)
            • Glide mode combo added

Will publish those changes after a few more user’s feedback…

Possemo
            Participant
              • Topics: 14
              • Replies: 638
              • Total: 652
              • ★★★

Ok, it looks much better when the font is installed (rtfm). Funny that it does not show the same font on all modulators when not installed.

The Lua code looks very smart and efficient. I am astonished that savestate/loadstate is working on your panel. I just did not manage to get this to work, I am now using uiLabels to store all data, I used files saved to disk before. The built-in savestate/loadstate does not work at all on my panels. When closing and reopening Ctrlr two times most sliders/selectors are zeroed.

goodweather
              Participant
                • ★★★

Héhé… Yes, RTFM and follow the instructions 🙂

Maybe we can take this savestate/loadstate as another topic on the forum or exchange by PMs.
                I’m only saving/loading the minimum then I’m initializing everything based on the values so I have control.

At this stage and maybe due to lack of full knowledge, I don’t trust Ctrlr fully. May be wrong but ok, it is like that…
                Main reason is that sometimes you don’t know what is happening and there are still many things happening in the background at Ctrlr startup or panel load or…
                Still enough meat to fill my Step by step guide 🙂 🙂

goodweather
                Participant
                  • ★★★

0.26 version published with some corrections…
                  http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/

goodweather
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

0.27 version published
                    It includes the correction of the issue identified by BobTheDog (thx!) for Mac users.
                    No other change so PC users do not need to download this one…

mosen
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 2
                      • Replies: 13
                      • Total: 15
                      • ★

Hi

i tried your Pro2 Panel as VST in Ableton 9.
                      It seems the Pro2 has to be set to send/receive NRPN messages.
                      Sadly Ableton dont handle this well – all kind of glitches/bad behavior on the synth happens (double parameter are set, synth freezes) with NRPN. Switching to cc on the Pro2 solves this. But does that mean i can`t use your editor in Live9…?

would be so great to have total recall inside DAW

goodweather
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Hi mosen, yes I coded the panel with NRPN as with CC you are far from covering whole Pro2 parameters.
                        I made a Pro2 editor and not a Pro2 controller for Ableton 😉
                        Now, OK…I didn’t know Ableton was limited to CC. I started using it but now i’m trying Studio One.

Please bear in mind that at the moment, I didn’t check the possibility to use the Pro2 panel as VST and I didn’t export it under VST format.
                        This is on my to-do list and will be done soon.

I’m now finalizing the v1.0 that will include Programs info and comparisons.
                        Started to look at morphing but will do the VST stuff in parallel.

I’ll add on my todo-list a limited CC based version of the editor (as VST).

Thx for the feedback!

mosen
                        Participant
                          • Replies: 13
                          • Total: 15
                          • ★

Thanks for your answer.
                          I dig your editor (as standalone) for what it is.
                          Just for understanding, i use CTRLR Editors for Matrix1000 and a Microwave1 inside Live9 as VST`s. This gives me the luxury of total recall inside the DAW project.
                          –> open up the project file, the CTRLR VST editor loads the actual patch, pressing “send snapshot” inside the VST and voila – everything sounds exactly as i saved the DAW file.

As for the Pro2 – the amount of parameters for such a total recall is over the cc top. so iguess even a slimmed down cc version will do no justice, no total recall (maybe partly recall).

Next i write Ableton a mail regarding proper NRPN funtionality 🙂

best and thanks for your effort for the community!

goodweather
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

Version 1.00 published
                            First non beta version.
                            Compare button added
                            Programs info tab added
                            Manual adapted

In the pipe: make it VST, morphing between 2 programs…

hlzdnb666
                            Participant
                              • Replies: 2
                              • Total: 4
                              • ★

Hi goodweather, i’m following all the steps but i have no luck importing the banks. I installed os 1.3 on the pro 2 , might be cause of that? i get this msg , buy all the connections are right in place

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 48 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr