Getting Contoller value to drive a midi output message

Home Forums General Programming Getting Contoller value to drive a midi output message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edemunari
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 4

Hi, new on the board so cheers to all.

I know that maybe is a silly question but I can’t find a solution and my skills are really low…

I have a Minimoog Voyager and I need to transit patches changes. It need Bank CC messages (MSB and LSB) and Program Change message together.

I’d like to have a slider with Bank Change messages and a slider with Program Change message. The problem is that Minimoog wanna always the complete message transmitted… something like:

B0 00 00 B0 20 XX bank setting message + Program change message.

I would like that moving Bank Change slider the patch number remain the same but patches switch to different bank of sound and if I move the program change slider the bank remain the same but the patches will switch inside its range.

So I think that Bank Change slider has to get the program Change Slider Value and send it at the end of the both (MSB and LSB) Bank change message i sett using it.

The Program Change has to send the Bank Change value (both MSB and LSB) with the value of the slider as program change message…

So at the end I need to get the value of one slider for sending the midi message of the other…

Please consider that I don’t like to set bank and program and then sending an update to midi because my master keyboard has only rotary knobs.

Any help appreciated, sorry for wasting your time. regard, Eriberto

edemunari
      Participant

Hi to all,
        at the end I got it… not so difficult after getting the right infos… post here if someone will need it….
        Thanks to all
        cheers Eriberto

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Possemo
        Participant
          • Topics: 14
          • Replies: 638
          • Total: 652
          • ★★★

Good job. This code will only work when on Midi channel 1 but I think you know that. When your network is done in star topology you won’t use any other channel anyway. Here how you would do it when you want to be able to change the channel (example for program change):

pch=panel:getPropertyInt(“panelMidiOutputChannelDevice”)
          pch=string.format(“%.2x”, 191+pch)
          value=(string.format(“%2.x”,value)

— Program Change
          panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage(pch..value))

edemunari
          Participant

Thanks a lot!!! Little by little my knowledge is improving….
            Cheers, Eriberto

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 99 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr