How to build CTRLR from the git repo

Home Forums Development Other stuff How to build CTRLR from the git repo

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    opuswerk
    Participant
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 102
      • Total: 109
      • ★★

Hello,

I am quite a noob when it comes to building apps and the likes. I do however have some experience with github.

I have added the crtlr repo to mine, but I can’t for the life of me build the latest version of ctrlr. What steps are necessary to do so? please bear in mind i’m using OSX.

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
      www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
      www.facebook.com/opuswerk

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Clone the repo, unzip boost.zip in the Boost/ directory. Load the project you want to build (Standalone/VST/AU) in Xcode, and hit build.

You might want to open the project first in introjucer if you want to change some stuff (like the base SDK and compatibility SDK version).

There is an additional step for the AU build, you first need to build the Wrapper project in the repo, then Ctrlr_AU links to the output of that Wrapper project (it creates a static library).

There is also a post-commit script in the Scripts/ directory that will automate this, you can use that (be aware that at the end the script will attempt to upload the built binary to ctrlr.org and it will fail)

TonE
        Participant
          • Topics: 3
          • Replies: 21
          • Total: 24

opuswerk, just saw you comment on the old topic about data extraction from Bitstream 3X config software, I can not reply on that thread any more, so I try here. 🙂

I will check and post the AutoHotkey code here, if not in another computer. Or atom might upload the .zip I sent to him, with all .txt files with extracted data from the software, or is this already here anywhere for download?

opuswerk
          Participant
            • Topics: 7
            • Replies: 102
            • Total: 109
            • ★★

Hello TonE,

It would be great if you could upload this file somewhere here.
            I was hoping there would be someway to automatically generate all the controllers that are in the Bitstream txt, and then re-arrange them. It would save a lot of time manually putting in the sysex data for each knob, and allow for the automatic creation of all the params.

I wonder if it’s doable via Lua?

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
            www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
            www.facebook.com/opuswerk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr