How to use uiEnvelope component?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr How to use uiEnvelope component?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SWB
    Participant
      • Topics: 35
      • Replies: 157
      • Total: 192
      • ★★

Can someone post an example of how to use the envelope component, just to get me started? An small panel example would suffice :-). Thanks!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I wouldn’t use it for now, go with some simple sliders. It’s my 3rd attempt on this component and it’s still no good. I can’t work on it for now and it’s not ready (too many gotchas), it can be usable but i recommend against it. Maybe someone made it usable, if so and example might change my mind i haven’t looked at it for some time.

SWB
        Participant
          • ★★

OK, thanks for the warning :-)! I will study and try to work with dastaker’s envelope example instead.

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

I’d recommend using uiCustomComponent. Das’s example might feel daunting at first but it’s all there, his method uses uiCostomComponents. Feel free to ask if you need some help I was able to tweak das’s example for some very slick envelopes that serve a slightly different purpose than typical ADSR envelopes. I used the same approach Das did but more or less re-wrote the code to do what I needed it to do — each point on the envelope actually needed to control TWO parameters, time (X axis) and level (Y axis). The drawing possibilities on uiCustomComponents are almost limitless, but the more you draw, the lower the performance.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

SWB
            Participant
              • ★★

Thanks! I definitely will study Das’s example and try to adapt it to my needs. His component is already almost usable for my purposes. Thanks for the offer to help if needed, much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 78 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr