Is it possible to mirror a physical devices display in Ctrlr?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Is it possible to mirror a physical devices display in Ctrlr?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ats 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ats
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 13
    • Total: 15

I have a effects unit that has a two line display. The midi documentation for the unit has the sysex info for sending the contents of the display via midi. Is there a component in Ctrlr that could receive the sysex stream and display it as if you were looking at the physical unit? Has this been done before?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  ats.
    Possemo
    Possemo
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 399
    • Total: 411
    • ★★

If you ask if there is some kind of prefab component for this the answer is no. As every device of every manufacturer has different sysex implementation this would be impossible to do.

Wit Lua scripting it probably wouldn’t be too much work. If I remember well the panel for the Eventide Orville does this – showing the content of the devices display.

ats
    Participant

I tried looking at that Orville panel but it doesnt load

Possemo
    Possemo
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 399
    • Total: 411
    • ★★

I had a try on the orville panel and yes, it does not load. It probably wouldn’t have helped you a lot as the Orville’s sysex is completely different to your device’s sysex for sure.

ats
    Participant

I wasn’t expecting to use its sysex i just hoped to see what approch was used and build off that. bummer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There is currently 0 users and 8 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,120, Posts: 14,909, Members: 8,764
Most users ever online was 5 on March 28, 2018 6:11 pm
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!