Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Is there a Kawai K1r panel?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by sagie1234 sagie1234 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

boboter
    Participant

Dear CTRLR community,

this is my first post on this board, so: hi guys 🙂

So far I’ve been using a few CTRLR panels to control old rack synths and am absolutely loving it. But I’m still looking for a panel for the Kawai K1r. I did a search and such a panel was mentioned but it never seems to have appeared.

Do you know of one?

Also, there is a panel for the K4 that maybe could be edited as the architecture of the synths is pretty similar. The programming of a new panel is beyond me, but could I just change the sysex strings of the existing panel to make it work?

At the moment I’m using an iPad editor called MidiDesigner to control the K1r. Someone made a nice Panel for this editor with all sysex info included, so I was hoping I could just copy the strings.

Thanks

shooking
    shooking
    Participant

Yes.
    Please look on http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/kawai-k4k4r-controller-done/page/2/

You can find the link to Miniaktools – I put my panels for K1r and K4 there.
    wikter subsequently made some GUI enhancements to the K4.

I wrote the K4 panel to model basic editing (I have not added the multi) – and of course from this I could see how to modify for the k1r. I was going to sell my K1r but after I made the panel I fell in love with it all over again! So much easier to modify on the PC than reach across to the rack and try to interact …

Hope you find them useful. If you find bugs feel free to point them out (be nice!) and I will try to merge them into the panel and give you credit.

Regards
    Steve H

sagie1234
    sagie1234
    Participant

Dear Shooking,
    Thank you for the k1r panel
    😀

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by sagie1234 sagie1234.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.