just MIDI plugin host to device

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr just MIDI plugin host to device

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    niels@dettenbach.de
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 6
      • Total: 8

hi guys,

hope someone could help me here. I’m very new to ctrlr.

My first (hopefully simple) application should be a MIDI redirect from plugin host to a external device.

It seems if i just define a new “panel” and try to route any MIDI from plugin host to the outboard gear this doesn’t work. If i load any panel (for another device) this seems to work.

I assume i have to define some minimal stuff within a new panel to get the MIDI routing up “as usual”. What i have to do?

hint:
      I use Studio One 3 which offers a “pipeline” plugin allowing to include external “effect” hardware, but this object does not offer MIDI routing (just audio) to the outside. With ctrlr and the “multi instrument” object i want to define my outboard synths as “instruments” (a la Ableton or Logic) with a pipeline object for the audio and a simple MIDI “router” (from ctrlr).

If i get this work i would try to add panels for some further hardware (i.e. my DSI Tempest still has no VST/AU plug out available on the “market” and my shrutis have problems with the available VSTs). Spent some first bucks for the project. The first thing for me is to understand how/why MIDI is routed by which step (i.e. from the Evolver howto).

many many thanks for any help,

Niels.

((d^b))
      dettenbach
      music fab

niels@dettenbach.de
      Participant
        • Topics: 2
        • Replies: 6
        • Total: 8

I think i’ve found it. The “new panel” has to get “plugin host to device” setting (default) in the right settings tab.

Next thing i look for is how to make a drop down list with MIDI devices inside the Panel to choose the output device.

Is there any way to:
        – build a complete, single VST/AU (i.e. with the SDKs installed)?
        – route audio?

Will read / learn a bit further – would be nice to get single VST/AU “packages” out – i would build a (“beta”) Dave Smith Tempest editor / librarian then.

((d^b))
        dettenbach
        music fab

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 79 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr