JX-Programmer MKS-70 adaptation

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros JX-Programmer MKS-70 adaptation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 141 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    hhhhh
    Participant
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 2

Hi there, I just got the latest Vecoven OS 3.16 upgrade for my MKS-70 and I’m looking forward to using this synth for some nice warm pads in my tracks.

I downloaded this panel and all the controls work… but if I change between patches on either the synth or the panel, the patches sound way different from normal. Patches only sound right if I turn off Sysex APR, which means that the settings don’t update on the panel when a patch changes.

Also, the B section settings on the panel don’t work at all unless I turn off Sysex APR.

So I guess I’m asking, what settings do I need to change on the MKS-70 to make this work right?

If I can get this all working properly with my synth, I can probably help revamp the UI into something a bit more professional looking since I’ll be using it a lot. I’m a UI/UX guy by trade so this would be a fun lunch break project. 🙂

opuswerk
      Participant
        • Topics: 7
        • Replies: 102
        • Total: 109
        • ★★

Hi hhhh,

I’ve actually also just updated my mks70 to 3.16 and the flash update.
        I’ve noticed this behaviour as well, and I suspect it’s due to how the parameters of the panel are updated.
        I must have done something wrong on the Lua part. I will compare with some other panels to see what went wrong in my code.
        If you’re a UI/UX guy, i’d love to make this panel look better as the current look is far from pleasant to my eyes. Don’t hesitate to hit me up by PM !

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
        www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
        www.facebook.com/opuswerk

hhhhh
        Participant
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 2

Sure man I’ll mock something up and send you a PM over the weekend. 🙂

opuswerk
          Participant
            • ★★

Would be ace. Btw, have a look at the pg8x gui. I find it really good.

svenhamerpagt
            Participant
              • Replies: 1
              • Total: 1

Hi opuswerk,

Great job on the JX-10 panel!!

Would it be possible to implement some kind of randomisation function? One button to change all the parameters randomly?

All the Best!

opuswerk
              Participant
                • ★★

A ramdomizer could definitely be done. Will think about it, and see what I can do on those cold evenings.
                I was struggling with a MIDI feedback thing, but I believe I just figured it out.

I would however love to get a newer build for MacOS, if any one has managed that it would be a blessing.

tisaalho
                Participant
                  • Replies: 1
                  • Total: 1

I just ordered the 3.x Flash upgrade from Vecoven and I was looking for an editor for the JX-10, and the one discussed here appears the best so far (for 3.x)! Good job! 🙂

A few question @opuswerk :
                  1) do you have a newer version of the panel, the latest one seems to be from 2015, unless I missed something?
                  2) did you ever fix the problem mentioned at the beginning of this page, with the patch update?
                  3) Is there anything I can do to help in improving the panel further (I don’t yet have the 3.x OS, so I don’t actually have any suggestions of my own, yet, as to what needs to be done)? I’m a reasonably seasoned programmer (although I’ve never written Lua, it seems easy enough to pick up quickly), not much of a UX or graphics guy though.

Viewing 7 posts - 141 through 147 (of 147 total)
                • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 76 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr