librarian support

Home Forums General Programming librarian support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dewdman42
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

CTRLR looks fantastic for creating editing panels for midi gear. Is there any support for managing banks (ie, librarian functionality)?

This project is supposedly open source, where is the source?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

It’s all on github the link is in the download section (https://github.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr)

as for the “librarian” feature, it’s there but you need to implement the transactions yourself in Lua. Each device is different and i can’t write something so generic to support ALL midi devices.

So if the panel author did library support it’s there.

Dewdman42
        Participant
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 4

Well I intend to make a new panel for the Roland Jupiter-80. I’m just finding out about ctrlr now to see if I should try that rather than writing a librarian from scratch using C++. Is there one of the panels out there that has librarian functionality I can check out to see what ctrlr is capable of? I guess with embedded Lua, maybe the sky is the limit?

Can the embedded Lua send/receive midi independently of whatever built in mechanisms come with ctlr? Can the Lua update the GUI? Can Lua read/write the filesystem?

Does ctrlr have sufficient means to create scrollable lists, grids, etc. which could be used to hold librarian info, potentially with thousands of line items?

Any chance of drag and drop functionality on a panel?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr