Midi Monitor Filter Question

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Midi Monitor Filter Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Refrochia
    Participant
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 9
      • Total: 15

Hi All

Just getting started with CTRLR. Cant wait to get some panels created but having problems straight away 🙁

Ultimately I’d like to have panels for all my kit running as VSTs with librarian functionality so that I can recall the correct sounds within a song rather than having to keep a seperate list of what pacthes of each bit of kit have been used.

I’m familiar with sysex and hexdecicmal etc following time spent trying to create a control surface for my Evolver desktop but for my first CTRLR project I’ve decided to create a panel for, possibly, the simplest device I have – the Korg Electribe ER1 MK2.

I’ve got a problem with obtaining the current pattern data form the device which I’ll post in another thread in the hope that somone has experience with creating CTRLR panels for this device.

For this post though, I’d like to know if the filter works in the Midi monitor? Clicking “Create Filter” doesnt do anything and could really do with filtering out midi clock messsages (time clock F8). I’m guessing the ER1 has a bug because regardless of whether the clock is set to internal or external, Midi clock info is still sent. The manual says “When set to INT it will transmit these messages. When it is set to EXT it will receive these messages.”

Wouldn’t want this constant stream of unnecessary data to cause problems.

Any advice gratefully received 🙂

Thanks
      R

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

Midimonitor is just a monitor. You cannot do anything else than monitoring midi input/output. When creating a new panel “Ignore realtime MIDI messages on input” is set by default. That should be enough. But anyway I would try to disable the useless clock on the device.

Edit: looking in the midiimplementation-chart now. Are you sure this is not activesensing you see on the monitor? You probably can’t disable active (non)-sensing.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Possemo.
        Refrochia
        Participant
          • Topics: 6
          • Replies: 9
          • Total: 15

Love the quick response 🙂

Its definitely time clock F8 because its possible to filter that specific traffic in Midi OX. Once selected it no longer displays.

It cant be switched off at the device – there is a built in midi filter function which gives three options – program change, controller change and exclusive data however none of these prevent it being sent.

I can appreciate what you’re saying about the monitor just been a monitor but it does have a menu for filters which is why I asked. But thanks for the advice re the default setting. The monitor filter thing is only to help me understand whats happening when trying to get the current pattern data so is only secondary. I’ll just use midi ox for monitoring for the ER.

Thanks again – might as well close thread lol 🙂

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

Ah ok I see. You wanted to filter the message on the monitor only. Well this seems like not being implemented in the current Ctrlr build.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 66 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr