Midi Monitor has left the party

Home Forums Platform Specific Windows Midi Monitor has left the party

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    GunniKonn
    Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 27
      • Total: 32

Hi, I have been using the midi monitor to grab the sysex information I need to set up some modulators, but suddenly the midi monitor just does not start up anymore, the window frame appears for a split second, then it disappears. I have uninstalled ctrlr and reinstalled it, closed all panels, removed all midi interfaces/active drivers from the system, still no luck, I have tried enabling the “log everything to file for debugging” and the file contains the info: “running update check” and this warning: “CtrlrPanelMIDIInputTHread::run stopping” If I delete the log file and start CTRLR up again, the warning does not come again, only the “running update check” info.
      is there some registry entry or anything I can delete or initialize to get a change to get the Midi monitor working again?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

No no entried, it should work, i’ll look into that asap.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

Could you also tell us the OS name/version and the build of Ctrlr ?

GunniKonn
          Participant

Of course, OS is XP 32 bit with SP3, I was running ctrlr 1579 when this happened, I have uninstalled that version and installed the latest, ctrlr 1583, but it does exactly the same thing. Thanks for your reply, Gunni K

zeoka
            Participant
              • Topics: 73
              • Replies: 466
              • Total: 539
              • ★★★

Try the vst versions : they keep the midi monitor .the only solution i’ve found to get it

GunniKonn
              Participant

Try the vst versions : they keep the midi monitor .the only solution i’ve found to get it

thanks for the suggestion zeoka, I tried to export an instance of a panel, and when I run the instance I can open the midi monitor from it, but still it is broken on the main Ctrlr program.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

I don’t know why but i NEVER saw that happen to me on none of the platforms i develop. Wierd. I’ll check on XP in a VM.

GunniKonn
                  Participant

It sure is a strange error, I wonder if it was triggered by me, shutting Ctrlr down while the midi monitor window running on my second video monitor, because I remember that Ctrlr crashed on me a couple of times last night when I was shutting it down, but I can not be 100% sure that the midi monitor problem arose just after that, since I did not try to use it immediately after. It this was the case, I would expect that clean re-install would fix it.

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Well a clean install won’t do much, the installer just replaced the binaries it does not touch your settings.

To delete the Ctrlr state go to your home folder and find the Ctrlr directory, rename it something like Ctrlr_org and start Ctrlr again.

On Windows XP the home directory would be at (assuming C: is your system drive), c:\Documents And Settings\%USERNAME%\ where %USERNAME% is your login to Windows.

GunniKonn
                      Participant

Thank you Atom!

“C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME\Application Data\Ctrlr” folder..
                        …there it was, I just did as you said and renamed the folder, now my midi monitor is working again. Probably some settings data got damaged when the program crashed.
                        Now I am back in the fight!

zeoka
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 73
                          • Replies: 466
                          • Total: 539
                          • ★★★

This has just solved : midi monitor hidden ,ctrlr x64 standalone kill , and dump crashs ! Thank you Atom

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

I changed how those windows behave, the Menu option will always SHOW the window, if it’s not the active one it will just bring it to front, the Menu will never hide it, you can only hide the window by closing it.

GunniKonn
                            Participant

Good idea, the MIDI monitor is such an useful tool when working on a panel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 49 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr