MIDIbox SID V2 Panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros MIDIbox SID V2 Panel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TK.
    Participant
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 42
      • Total: 48

I uploaded a panel for MIDIbox SID to the DDB.

It’s the second Ctrlr panel that I created and it was *the* big challenge, because MBSID provides 4 synth engines with different SysEx dump structures, accordingly a lot of layering and Lua scripting was required to get access over all switches and levers.
      Not less than 2274 parameters can be edited! ” title=”Razz” />

Some snapshots & explanations:

The Lead engine is a “true stereo” synth, which means that you sometimes want to control the left/right oscillator at the same time. Sometimes you even want to change a parameter of all 6 oscillators in parallel. This is possible with the “Link Stereo” and “Link OSCs” button. The appr. sendOsc Lua script just calls the same function for the different controllers depending on the Link settings:

The oscillators are working differently for the Bassline engine. By using the layer feature of Ctrlr it’s possible to display an alternative view:

The Bassline engine provides two internal sequencers, the 8 patterns can be edited from Ctrlr as well. Even a Copy/Paste/Clear/Shift function is provided (util* functions):

The Drum engine got own layers – what else should we do with so many parameters… ” title=”Wink” />

It got some special util* functions for editing drum patterns:

For the Multi engine I combined the OSC/ARP/LFO/ENV pages to a single page for each instrument.
      Instead of doing this manually in Ctrlr, I semi-automated this step by processing the .panel file and duplicating entries.

Last but not least: big thanks to atom!
      Initially I planned to program a native editor with Juce, but it turned out that with Ctrlr it can be created much faster.
      The Lua integration gives us the possibility to do the exotic stuff, and the XML format to generate code if manual editing gets boring – great!!! ” title=”Razz” />

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• This topic was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by TK..
      atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Amazing work Thorsten this makes me wanna finish my SID synth i got almost done and is lying around somewhere gathering dust. What i did was obvious to me i know that there are companies that do similar stuff but they close their work and do some weird formats you cant read or write in any way, others are simply unusable (when i downloaded the free MOOG Voyager editor i couldn’t believe someone made such crap software and signed it MOOG). I’ll do my best to make Ctrlr better it’s people that make panels and use it make me going i really don’t need anything else. I’m doing a lot of bugfixes now (also i managed to loose some code and release the latest nightly with empty methods, that’s why there is no MIDI host input). But i’ll get that sorted soon.

Toverkoning
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 2

This is absolutely amazing! Thank you Thorsten!!!

The only thing is that I can’t get it to work with my SammichSID. Your panel should be able to control that box also, or am I wrong? Midi output port is properly set and midi data is sent, but none of the parameters is working. Am I overseeing something?

I’m also experiencing another bug: I can’t reach the LEAD page once I left it for the BASSLINE page or any other page. On screen there is something written right through it (don’t recall it right now and I’m not behind my music PC). BTW: I’m on Windows 7 with Cubase 6.5 as my CTRLR host.

Filch
          Participant
            • Topics: 22
            • Replies: 173
            • Total: 195
            • ★★

I intend to try this with my SammichSID as well. I’m under the assumption it should work, I’ll let you know how it goes.

stiebz
            Participant
              • Topics: 1
              • Replies: 13
              • Total: 14

Anyone got this to work with SammichSID yet ?

BTW, thanks for those templates, looking great !

Filch
              Participant
                • Topics: 22
                • Replies: 173
                • Total: 195
                • ★★

Confirmed working with my sammichSID

TK.
                Participant

Finally the MIDIbox SID V2 panel is running with the latest (and greatest) Ctrlr 1209 release under Windows and MacOS 🙂
                  Download links: http://midibox.org/forums/topic/16709-ctrlr-based-editor-for-mbsid-v2/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

stiebz
                  Participant

works great, thanks atom and TK for all your efforts !

stiebz
                    Participant

sorry, two things I could not figure out, maybe someone can help me with this :

1) If I activate the thru function to be able to use the VST in my DAW (Ableton) and I can control my sammichsid using the VST and play notes on from my DAW, but when I save my panel, it remembers all midi port settings, but it doesnt remember the setting for the thru function.

2) I followed the instructions to set up automation in Ableton :

>>you can automate your instrument regardless of them being CC or Sysex, they might not show up immediatly, in this case click the small triangle on Ctrlr’s “object” in the track’s chain, click configure and move the controls you want to automate in the panel to see them appear here.<<

When I click on configure, it opens up the panel, but turning some of the knobs in the panel does not add them to the  automation, anyone any idea what I’m doing wrong ?

Any extra setting to be made ?

Thanks !

TK.
                      Participant

Could you please open a separate thread for these issues, I can’t help out on general Ctrlr issues.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK.
                        Participant

I’ve uploaded a new panel version for the latest Ctrlr version.

HolyPeyote
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 0
                            • Replies: 1
                            • Total: 1

Hi there,

I’m new on this forum and I tried to run the SID panel.

I am able to open the panel but I get the error messages below. The Filter parts and most right (global) parameters on the panel output midi but the OSC and LFO stuff doesn’t work. Any ideas which could be causing this behavior?

I’m on OSX 10.10.1, running Ableton Live 9.1.7 64 bit with the latest build of CTRLR. I also tried a build from around the date of the panel but this also didn’t work.

[LUA ERR ][19:55:25:000681]: ERROR: [string “debugger.lua”]:1: attempt to index global ‘debugger’ (a nil value)
                            [LUA ERR ][19:55:45:000919]: Callback error: [sendLfo]
                            At line [89]: [string “sendLfo”]

Error message: [string “sendLfo”]:89: attempt to index a nil value

Error message: [string “sendLfo”]:89: attempt to index a nil value.
                            Method disabled
                            [LUA ERR ][19:55:47:000036]: Callback error: [sendOsc]

Error message: [string “sendLfo”]:89: attempt to index a nil value

Error message: [string “sendLfo”]:89: attempt to index a nil value.
                            Method disabled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                          There is currently 0 users and 57 guests online
                          No users are currently active
                          Forum Statistics
                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                          Ctrlr