Monstrumwave1 Editor – Recall Problem

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Monstrumwave1 Editor – Recall Problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mosen
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      • Total: 15

Hi
      is anyone here using the Monstrumwave1 Editor VST for the Waldorf Microwave1?

I bought it for my new aquired Microwave1 and use it in Ableton Live9. While it works great for editing, i have a problem with saving and recalling a patch inside the DAW Project.

If i save a Project file an open it again, the editor switches to the actual selected patch on the MW and not vice versa. I would expect, if i load the project file, i could send the Editor state to the MW (or send a snapshot like i do on Oberheim matric 1000 ctrlr editor)

How do you recall MW patches in your DAW?

thx
      mo

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by mosen.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by mosen.
      mosen
      Participant

after hearing nothing from the support of the paid(!) monstrumwave editor, im clueless about this problem. No parameter got saved inside the DAW Project…..across other DAW`s also. What can this be? Support of montrumedia told me once i was the only one with this problem.

please help!

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

Hi Mo,
          Thanks a lot for your patience. It’s been an incredibly ridiculously busy month so it’s taken me a lot longer to get back to you.

If I did not already ask you to try this please do, forgive me if they seem trivial:
          -Trash preferences located in: \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\(editor name)
          -Possibly try a different DAW? Reaper?
          -Possibly try a different new fresh windows 7 user account

I was having difficulties with my windows 7 partition the last time I sat down with time dedicated to attempt to reproduce this on my testing machine. I believe that issue is sorted and am going to attempt to reproduce what you’re reporting on my system this evening.

Thanks again for your patience. If I might ever be slow to reply there’s one thing you can always count on – I will reply 🙂 So thanks again for your patience.

Rob

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

mosen
          Participant

Hi Rob,

first thanks for responding! Busy times are busy times – no problem.

My issue with the monstrumwave editor for the Mircowave I is sadly not solved. I did:
            – tried different DAW`s (Reaper, Studio One, Bitwig, Cubase, Live)
            – set up a new Windows 7 Account
            – set up a completly fresh Win 10 installation
            – deleted preferences and user data (as you described)
            – saved the channelstrip with the editor in Live

no success.

while the editor is working/editing the Microwave nicely – and always did – the editor state/patch state is completly ingored by any DAW / VST Host.
            No recall at all. While i`m aware of the Zoom Level and Midiport config. not beeing saved, no parameter or else is getting saved inside the project file.
            Im using the CTRLR Matrix 1000 editor which functions perfect - edit patch, save project file (across all daws), load up project file, manually send the loaded editor state as snapshot to the Matrix via the snapchot menu- done.
            Its hard to know that i`m the only one with this problem….with a quite normal Win 7 setut and common DAW.

Im not a programmer so im clueless about possible reasons for that. But, as the other CTRLR based Editor im using is working fine on my machine (with every above mentioned combination and setups), it must have something to do with the monstrumwave editor. I don`t know how to narrow it down…..
            If there are any ideas from the community or you, please let me know. I need the recall function as the synth is one of my beloved ones.

again, thanks for looking into it.

best
            mo

mosen
            Participant

sad Bump -Still no solution

msepsis
              Participant
                • Topics: 219
                • Replies: 732
                • Total: 951
                • ★★★

mosen – I appreciate the bump. I’m actually waiting on updates to ctrlr in order to address the sort of issue you’re describing. I believe the matrix 1000 editor used a different rev of ctrlr that likely has the issue you’re referring to addressed – HOWEVER the more recent releases have introduced new bugs, particularly on the mac…

I did not forget this and have been doing a good bit of pinging and checking in myself.
                In the meantime I’m drafting an email to you for a workaround solution.

Cheers,
                Rob

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

mosen
                Participant

Hi Rob,

thanks for answering.

seems reasonable that this problem does not occured in later versions of CTRLR. If it helps you to narrow down, in the Demo version of your Microwave XT editor the same problem occurs – it forgets every parameter of a patch when saved in daw.

That new bugs emerge in a newer version of CTRLR won`t help much ….
                  AS for a workaround, i would be greatly thankful!!

best,
                  mo

mosen
                  Participant

Ah,

maybe you have an older built of the Montrumwave editor i could try. I would sacrifice features for total recall!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 51 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr