Noobstart: Ctrlr for live (touch lcd)

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Noobstart: Ctrlr for live (touch lcd)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SignalToNoise
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 4

Hi everyone
      I’m thinking about building a midi controller (CCs and – maybe- patch or channel change) for my live setup, the control surface will be a touch (transparent) LCD, and the synths I need to control must be connected with a MIDI cable (no USB), so the only solution I see is:
      LCD -> win/mac/linux -> external audio interface -> synths
      I’d rather use Windows or Linux, but Mac might be ok if it’s the best solution.
      The project is still going under feasibility study, so far Ctrlr is my favorite software solution, but I’d like to know if someone has already done something like that before?
      Second question: I’m a bit worried about the latency (touch LCDs add 5-10ms, if I can trust the datasheets) so if anyone has tried the setup described above, I’d rather have some advice before plunging myself into tailoring the code to my needs.

Bonus question: for budget reasons, I will try to test my setup from the computer, before ordering the LCD, so I’ll need to insert a waiting time in the input section, can someone point me where to insert it?

Thanks in advance
      SignalToNoise

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by SignalToNoise.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Puppeteer
      Participant
        • Topics: 16
        • Replies: 185
        • Total: 201
        • ★★

I’ve used touch on windows with ctrlr vst’s and it’s pretty responsive right out of the box. I’m using a Samsung series 7 slate.

The Puppeteer
        http://godlike.com.au

SignalToNoise
        Participant
          • Topics: 3
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 4

Thank you! I think I’ll try it with my laptop and a Wacom tablet sa input surface, should be a good benchmark 🙂

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr