OS X builds, help and why have they stopped

Home Forums Development Other stuff OS X builds, help and why have they stopped

Tagged: , , , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msiren
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 8
      • Total: 10

Hello and sorry for my lazyness, but I have not been able to find information why OS X builds are at 5.2.54 although the latest Windows and Linux builds are much newer?

And to confuse things and add two things in one post this one is for atom: Would it be possible to add some sort description about what is needed to make the OS X build? I installed boost with port, but it seems like I have some issues with std. I am on Snow Leopard with XCode 3.2.6 and I am completely lost with xcode and my rusted C++ skills have become rusted.
      I’ve been mainly developing Java the past ten or so years so I haven’t actually done any C++ after I have become aware what is the difference between a coder and a programmer.
      In case I get the build done I can start making casual OS X builds when ever I have the time. And try to help with Ctrlr if I have the time and am capable of due to my lacking C++ skills.

Ramblings about things related to the studio:
      http://studio.therobotinitiative.com

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

There is no need to install boost to build Ctrlr, if you look inside the Boost directory of the Ctrlr source code repository, boost is there in a zip file, just unpack it in that directory, and you should be set.

I can’t really say anything about Xcode 3 compatibility, i doubt it will work.

msiren
        Participant
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 8
          • Total: 10

Thanks for the fast reply. I’ll try using the zipped boost when I have the time. I was able to compile without boost related issues (at least it seemed so) after including installed boost include directory, but I then I started to get some std issues. I am on summer vacation and going to my parents house soon so I have to look at it when we get back. If the code does not use C++11 features then it might be at least theoretically possible to compile it with Xcode 3, I hope.
          I did “sacrifice” my laptop and installed Mavericks so that is my next weapon of choice.

Just a quick off-topic though in Java we can test if class is instance of some type, for example interface or type interface to be exact. If there is some nice way to do that it could be handy in the mutator. To be clear I haven’t too much looked into the program or the for that matter, but I thought that some modulators that are subject to random value could extends some nice interface. Then the mutator class could query all modulators in the panel, check if they are randomizable modulators and do the trick. Though this might be useless this idea is based on the assumption that buttons are modulators too and if the button is not toggle, but push button then it would not need any randomized value. I came to this assumption while I am learning the app by creating panel for V-Amp2 which will have button for tap tempo. I did not find push button, but though that button with only one value/option is basically the same thing. No thats enough rambling I just wanted to say that aloud.

Ramblings about things related to the studio:
          http://studio.therobotinitiative.com

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

I myself am not using any c++11 but luabind is using some of it’s features, and i did some code changes for LLVM and i have no idea how those changes will affect old GCC builds.

I myself am now on Mavericks in my VMware, and on Snow Pissing Leopard (or whatever it’s called) on the macbook pro i got.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr