PC freeze .Issue with too many incoming messages when usin midi in callback.

Home Forums General Programming PC freeze .Issue with too many incoming messages when usin midi in callback.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  daimondamps 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

daimondamps
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 67
    • Total: 74

Hi,

i have issue from the user of the my panelKPA_FX_EDITOR.
    This panel freeze his PC (only way to recover is to reset the pc) .I have used several versions of ctrlr to export him 32 exe instance. This is importannt – panel is working for every user that have new hardware. User have old PC with 32 bit windows.
    Now what i found the problem lies in the messages recived and callback to lua when panel recive MIDI message.
    Panel was working when i reqoested 3-5 messages. But when i try to request more sysex dumps his PC start to hang.
    I have tried to install win32 on VMware to track this down but panel was working for me(i have fast CPU)
    So I removed additional request messages and panel start working again for him.
    Now I’m thinking that we operate on some buffer and when panel calls “MIDI message recived” our operation to assign modulators value can be stopped by the call to this function if it isnt fast enought.
    On fast PC’s they panel is working but old PC’s have some problems.

What is exactly workflow of CTLRL in this kind of operation?

How to workaround this? Use additional buffer for incomming messages? Copy it fast to the buffer and assing it later with timer to a modulators?

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  daimondamps.
    Possemo
    Possemo
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 460
    • Total: 473
    • ★★

Maybe set “Matched input messages cached” to a higher value?

daimondamps
    Participant

Thank you but I dont think “Matched input messages cached” has something to do with Midi recived callback.

I have created the timer dependent of the variable MIDI_REQUESTED and MIDI_RECIVED.
    Now when the panel recive message and process it it cand send another sysex request + some programmed delay.

This fixed some issues with cheep and buffer’less interfaces.

It’s slowed down speed of communication but it is more stable now.
    Just make sure you process your messages before you send another sysex dump request.
    They can overload your buffer’s if they are too fast and too many.

Cheers.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  daimondamps.

daimondamps
    Participant

And still there is double message sending issue. It is strange because some users have it and some are not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There is currently 0 users and 24 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,151, Posts: 15,163, Members: 13,654
Most users ever online was 5 on March 28, 2018 6:11 pm
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!