Proteus 2000 started

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Proteus 2000 started

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    memorysplice
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 59
      • Total: 73

I want to team up with other E-mu Proteus 2000 users. Just started 3 days ago any direction you can point me or if you want to contribute, please let me know. I will send you a copy of the current version that I have available.

Umeshu
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 4
        • Total: 4

Hello,
        I own a Proteus 2000 and a 2500 and i’m interested in a panel for these machines.
        I used Prodatum to control some of my Proteus2000 parameters but i think it will be more usefull to have all my synths useable within Ctrlr.
        I never made any panel, and i’m new to sysex, so i don’t know how to help.
        Let me know if you need i give you some ideas to implement on your panel, i will try to be available as much as possible.

memorysplice
        Participant
          • Topics: 14
          • Replies: 59
          • Total: 73

I will be avalable after thanksgiving. Do you know anything about programming?

Umeshu
          Participant
            • Replies: 4
            • Total: 4

I know some programming languages like php, javascript, java but i’m totally new into CTRLR.
            But i have to make a panel for my TG-33 synth, so my experience will grow and i should be able to help you on some features if you want. 😉

drsteve
            Participant
              • Topics: 3
              • Replies: 33
              • Total: 36

I do not understand much about Ctrlr, so I cannot help out with programming. I do understand a bit about E-Mu P2k/CS sysex. The only Ctrlr panel I did, was a very simple one way (PC to gear) arp panel to turn arps on and off and to mix relative volume, I believe with the expression CC. For a test using the panel, I did a live performance on an internet radio station. I had one for C01A -> C16A and one for C01B -> C16B. Again, it was super simple: turned notes on and off [latch mode on E-Mu] and mixed with the expression CC slider (probably a year ago, est.).

I would encourage others and will help out if I can.

One of the things people might want to consider is E-Mu’s Remote Control Sysex mode.

Steve

drsteve
              Participant
                mecano
                Participant
                  • Replies: 11
                  • Total: 11

Hello, any news on this?

drsteve
                  Participant

I have not done anything more with ctrlr. However, I have started to experiment with the Jazz-Plugin, which I think I first learned about here. (Thank you, atom.) There are a number of Command Station/P2500 users who cannot use e-loader to upload/download sequences to their computers for various reasons, so I took another look at the Jazz-Plugin recently. Unfortunately, I do not know javascript, so I have to teach myself as I go.

The idea is simple and could benefit P2K users as well–using sysex, develop web-based functionality (not just for sequencers, but for OS, preset storage, and perhaps even preset editing. I am not sure if a js/html [possibly using WebMIDIAPI] can interface with ctrlr, but if so that might be nice.

As for my progress with the Jazz-Plugin, I have gotten many of the demos to work from the Jazz-Soft site and have gotten some of them to work from a local html/js file on my desktop. The port selection works; I can read what’s connected (including a P2500), though the demo only recognizes it as E-Mu gear, not specifically which model); I can send data including sysex commands to the E-Mu; and I can get traditional midi data from the E-Mu (note on, CCs, etc.), but I have not deciphered the code that will let me display sysex replies. The MidiGear demo uses that, but I haven’t been able to get a local version working to play around with it and try adapting it.

It does look promising and I have plans to try to teach myself js, unless someone here already knows it and we can work together on it, perhaps at the Jazz-Soft forum. If at the same time someone could develop an E-Mu Proteus panel here that might be able to interface with the Jazz-Plugin, I’d be willing to contribute what I can.

Steve

drsteve
                    Participant

PS: See http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/midi-in-your-browser/ where Atom suggests jazz-soft’s potential with ctrlr.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by drsteve.
                      drsteve
                      Participant

Good news: Thanks to the help of my son, I was able to get the Jazz-Plug in to send sysex to my P2500 and to have the return sysex displayed into the midi input display. This is just a starting point for possible web-based midi functionality with gear connected to a computer. I still don’t know if a web-based ctrlr panel or app is possible, but I thought I’d report on the progress with the Jazz-Plugin in case others are interested.
                        –Steve

fcscholz
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 1
                          • Replies: 1
                          • Total: 2

Any News? I would help, ich I can…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                        There is currently 0 users and 96 guests online
                        No users are currently active
                        Forum Statistics
                        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                        Ctrlr