Question about Oberheim Matrix1000 Panel

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion Question about Oberheim Matrix1000 Panel

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Possemo
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 638
      • Total: 652
      • ★★★

The invalid resources are just pictures that have been forgotten to include into the .bpanelz file so you can forget about that. The mod matrix sources are there. Some other guy had the same problem, he said that the sources were hidden. So got to panel mode, select the source components and enable “component visibility”.

mosen
      Participant
        • Topics: 2
        • Replies: 13
        • Total: 15

yeah, i had the same problem with the hidden mod sources. they appeared after doing the mentioned adjustment ^

miffebarbez
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 2

Hi guys,
          Thanks a lot 🙂 It was a bit weird: the “component is visible” checkbox was checked… But after selecting each of the mod sources they magically appeared 🙂

Awesome, having fun again with my matrix 🙂

Have a nice day!

boonier
          Participant
            • Topics: 5
            • Replies: 12
            • Total: 17

Hello

Has anyone figure out how to send out the Global params sysex (Vibrato settings mainly)?

cheers

Possemo
            Participant
              • ★★★

Hi boonier,

it will take just a few days until I will release my new panel for the Matrix 1000. It will be able to send and receive all parameters including Globals. If I don’t find any bugs I think I will release it next weekend.

lfo2vco
              Participant
                • Topics: 26
                • Replies: 162
                • Total: 188
                • ★★

Hi Guys,

In the meantime check out the contents of the ‘Global Tab’ in the current version of the panel (My post dated October 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm).

Looking forward to seeing your panel Possemo.

Cheers.

Here is some noise I organised into an acceptable format:
                https://soundcloud.com/lfo2vco/a-dark-crystal

Possemo
                Participant
                  • ★★★

Hi lfo2vco. I took the beta05 that you contributed as a starting point for my panel. Your work is much appreciated. The Global parameters have to be sent and received by sysex dumps. You have to assemble a nibbleized dump and calc a relatively simple checksum. So these parameters cannot be edited in realtime. But it is quite fast though. It just takes about a second to update. When it will be released everybody is invited to study the Lua code and to make it eventually even better.

Edit: I am using the fantastic firmware v1.20 from Bob Grieb. I don’t know how fast it is on standard firmware. But in general it should work on all versions, just maybe slower.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Possemo.
                  • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Possemo.
                  boonier
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 5
                    • Replies: 12
                    • Total: 17

Thanks for the heads up about Global params. Look forward to seeing your panel

I too have the 1.2 firmware chip upgrade. Just got it. It’s like a new machine!

Possemo
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

I released the panel:

http://ctrlr.org/matrix1000/

jasefos
                      Participant
                        • Topics: 13
                        • Replies: 76
                        • Total: 89

Wow – what a work of art! Looking forward to giving this a spin (I’ll have to look at doing that upgrade ASAP to the OS in my Matrix 1000).

I have also a Matrix 6R – is there a chance this is some overlap of compatibility?

Best Wishes and THANK YOU for your immense investment of time/talent to bring this to Matrix 1000 users.

Best wishes,

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
                        --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
                        --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
                        --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Possemo
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

Hi jasefos, yes I will try to make a Matrix6 panel too. It will be a quick hack out of the actual M1k panel. As I have no Matrix6 I cannot test it and therefore it will not be as complete as the M1k panel. It probably won’t support Split parameters. I will try to do the Master parameters though. Matt from Australia will test it if he finds the time. So this gonna take some time – me doin something, he testing and telling what’s wrong, me trying to fix…etc.

Possemo
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

Hey Jasefos – are you still here? We have got a problem with the Matrix-6 version of the panel. Could you (or btw. someone else with a Matrix 6) test the Global/Master paremeters? The checksum of the sysexdump seems to be correct but Matt says that the sliders are not doing anything…

All other features should work. You have to push the button “Enable Quickedit” once before you can use the Patch-tab.

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            jasefos
                            Participant

Hi Possemo,

Yes indeed – you have my attention 😉

I’ll patch up the 6R and give it a shot (it’s a new addition to the set up – cabled and patched but yet to give it a proper work out).

I’ve just tried your panel with MAtrix 1000 and indeed, discovered issues however I am on OS 1.11 so I’ll look at ordering the EEPROMs to ver 1.2 (I LOVE this synth and looking forward to making use of your panel extensively).

Give me a couple of hours and I’ll report back results.

p.s. is there any need for concern on OS version for the Matrix 6R or is the version that shipped fitted ready for ‘prime time’ so to speak?

--> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Possemo
                              Participant
                                • ★★★

Hi Jasefos,

thanks for you help. Matt found some bugs but there are at least some master parameters working. Vibrato Amount and Vibrato Speed Mod was switched. It is a PITA that the sysex implementation chart of the M6 is faulty…

For the OS of the M6: I guess you need at least v2.12. Matt has the bugfixed v2.13 from Bob Grieb. I think this is strongly recommended:

http://www.tauntek.com/Matrix6Firmware.htm

For the M1k v1.20 from Bob is a great addition.
                                http://www.tauntek.com/Matrix1000Firmware.htm
                                They are even free to download. But if you are using the firmwares from Bob you should paypal 10$.

Btw. if you don’t have an eprom burner I could do it for you (cost about $10 with shipping included). But you can buy them directly from Bob too.

I attached a bugfixed version of the M6 panel.

Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                jasefos
                                Participant

Hi Possemo,

> It is a PITA that the sysex implementation chart of the M6 is faulty…

Nothing more annoying than faulty documentation – kudos to you for uncovering the problem. ; )

> For the OS of the M6: I guess you need at least v2.12.
                                  > Matt has the bugfixed v2.13 from Bob Grieb. I think this is strongly recommended:
                                  > http://www.tauntek.com/Matrix6Firmware.htm

Is there a way to determine which OS is in my Matrix 6R without opening the unit? Can’t find it in the manual and unlike the Matrix 1000, no OS version is displayed on boot up. 😉

Still, I will install and give it a shot with my existing version. Thanks for posting this.

> For the M1k v1.20 from Bob is a great addition.
                                  > http://www.tauntek.com/Matrix1000Firmware.htm

Excellent – I had a good read up about how this OS version works its magic last night. Very cool. I’ll go for that version.

> They are even free to download. But if you are using the firmwares from
                                  > Bob you should paypal 10$.

Happy to pay for his hard work. Love that fact that people are still making improvements to such an awesome synthesizer.

> Btw. if you don’t have an eprom burner I could do it for you
                                  > (cost about $10 with shipping included). But you can buy them
                                  > directly from Bob too.

Since I’d be after both EEPROMs for the 6R and 1000 and you’ve kindly offered to assist, very happy to pay to cover your time, materials and postage. I’m in Melbourne, Australia … I’ll send you an email now. 😉

Thanks again and looking forward to finally getting my Matrix synths to integrate nice and deeply in my DAW-entric studio!

Happy days!

JaseFOS

Possemo
                                  Participant
                                    • ★★★

Hi JaseFOS,

ok, just send me an email to roet(at)hispeed.ch telling me your address. I will send you the two chips (I am using OTP’s “one time programmable”) which are consuming less power than the old EPROM’s.

According to the manual you can show the version on the display as follows:

Enter MasterEdit page. Then enter Misc page and select 54:

MISC.
                                    The MISC. (Miscelaneous) Sub-Page of MASTER EDIT contains the 6 “special purpose” Parameters of the MATRIX-6R.

54 SOFTWARE VERSION
                                    The micro-processor inside your MATRIX-6R, as we have already dicussed, is a computer that handles the calculations required to perform the various functions of the synthesizer. The processor works according to a pre-programmed set of operating instructions called “software”. Software can be altered at any time by Oberheim to reflect improvements or additions to these operating instructions. Everytime software is revised, a new index number is assigned to the revision. This is known as the SOFTWARE VERSION. The VERSION of your MATRIX-6R can be displayed at any time simply by entering this Parameter. When entered, the Date of Release (Day, Month and Year) of the MATRIX-6R’s operating software will be displayed. Press VALUE and the display will read “READY? ” . Press YES on the Keypad and the display will automatically scroll through a series of messages relating to the nature and development of your MATRIX-6R’s software. Software Updates issued by Oberheim can be retrofitted to any MATRIX-6R. Contact your nearest ECC/Oberheim Authorized Service Center for prices and availability.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Possemo.
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
                                  • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                  There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
                                  No users are currently active
                                  Forum Statistics
                                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                  Ctrlr