Roland MKS-50 Advanced

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Roland MKS-50 Advanced

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    bjornbjorn2
    Participant
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 1

hi
      did u ever finish the K3 editor ?

brunello
      Participant
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 4
        • Total: 5

Hi Bomma,first of all thanks for your nice and very useful programmer.I’m currently using it with Ableton Live 9 and eveything works fine except for the fact that alpha juno plays sounds even when I play different instruments with different channels in any project. EG: When i play the alpha juno by your au programmer on his midi channel i only listen to, it but if i change track and i play any ableton instrument the alpha juno overdub it like the local control were ON even if it’s setted off. Where
        I’m wrong?
        Thanks
        Bruno

Syonix
        Participant

*** PLEASE USE THE THIRD ZIP FILE FURTHER DOWN IN THIS THREAD ****

Bonus here K3 in progress, hopefully done in a few weeks.

K3

*** PLEASE USE THE THIRD ZIP FILE FURTHER DOWN IN THIS THREAD ****

Did you ever complete your K3 editor? I have a K3M and your editor looks like it would be very good for editing and managing my K3. I hope to hear from you, thanks.

redcarrera4
          Participant
            • Replies: 2
            • Total: 2

If you are getting errors in CTRLR when trying to access a midi interface IN or OUT, the solution in Ableton is to disable the midi interface (in preferences, turn OFF Track and Remote in the IN and OUT of the interface). By turning it off in the Live preferences, it should be able to let CTRLR use the interface.
            This pretty much fixed it for me.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by redcarrera4.
            redcarrera4
            Participant

Hello,

I’m in trouble because I’ve never managed to control my alpha juno from ableton with this ctrlr pannel,

wich configuration must I make in ctrlr and in ableton to have this working ?

When I try to put my sound card as midi output in ctrl it always says ” Warning opendeviced failed to open the device” (as in printscreen below)

I know Live does’nt accept sysex so need I midi Yoke or another soft to run it ???

I’m on win 7 64 bit (but I also tried on win xp 32 bit)

If you are getting errors in CTRLR when trying to access a midi interface IN or OUT, the solution in Ableton is to disable the midi interface (in preferences, turn OFF Track and Remote in the IN and OUT of the interface). By turning it off in the Live preferences, it should be able to let CTRLR use the interface.
              This pretty much fixed it for me.

m.tarenskeen
              Participant
                • Topics: 30
                • Replies: 113
                • Total: 143
                • ★★

Hi

I don’t own any MKS-50 or K3 but your panels did attract my attention because the graphics really LOOK great. Beautiful layout, choice of colors, buttons, and sliders! What software, outside Ctrlr, did you use to create the graphics? Did you design everything yourself or did you use existing collections of buttons and sliders?

m.tarenskeen
                Participant
                  • ★★

Hi

I don’t own any MKS-50 or K3 but your panels did attract my attention because the graphics really LOOK great. Beautiful layout, choice of colors, buttons, and sliders! What software, outside Ctrlr, did you use to create the graphics? Did you design everything yourself or did you use existing collections of buttons and sliders?

m.tarenskeen
                  Participant
                    • ★★

Sorry, same message twice 🙂
                    How do I remove a message from here?

Arnoid303
                    Participant

Hi,
                      I’ve just bought a Juno 2 and found this fantastic ctrl panel, works really great.
                      Two issues : the portamento section (cc 65 on/off & 4 time) isn’t working for me, same for the chord function (and I know it’s a bit different from the MKS50).
                      I’m not a programmer, can someone help ?
                      Thanks again for this great great panel.
                      Greg

Did you find a solution for this problem ?

I experience the same with my alpha juno… The portamento switch on the mks-50 panel is not working.

The panel is also only working on midichannel 1 somebody knows how fix this so you can select one between 1-16 ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Arnoid303.
                      Arnoid303
                      Participant

I was able to fix portamento on-off knob and the portamento time slider

In panel mode just change it from sysex to cc
                        And control number to 65 for portamento and 5 for portamento slider

Also change max value from 1 to 127 for the portamento on-off knob

goolana
                        Participant

Hello Atom,

You made the mks50 vst panel for Ableton. Iam struggling to setup the sliders to midicc. I’ve read that this is only possible in i.e. Cubase with ctrlr as a plugin.

the panel is working great with sysex to the juno2. I also have the real pg-300 but it would be great to use the juno with automation in i.e. Cubase.

What is the setup in Cubase. Can I use quick controlls ?

Thank you and keep up the good work

Regards Aart

arise
                          Participant

Help needed please.
                            issues I am having:
                            the panel interface settings for each patch stays the same when I change the patches on the Juno or the panel or Ableton (program change int he midi section)

-aP

Same issue for me

human fly
                            Participant
                              • Topics: 124
                              • Replies: 1070
                              • Total: 1194
                              • ★★★★

could be the panel has a problem receiving 2way communication.
                              seems to be a tricky bit of Ctrlr to master, so it may not
                              have been completely dealt with. in which case disable
                              midi in to Ctrlr and just use it as controls to send
                              sysex messages with. haven’t myself looked at the under the
                              hood stuff or used that panel.

edit: just had a look at it, seems there’s something there
                              for that, so best try to get hold of layzer.

fish62858
                              Participant
                                • Replies: 3
                                • Total: 3

hi all… new to this thread group

i downloaded the mks50 controller but i must be missing something…

i was under the impression it was stand alone software and i wanted to open it up and see what it looks like… i currently do not have the mks50 connected to the computer (it is in a different place than where i am now) but my windows 10 laptop cannot open a “panel” file so i don’t really know what to do…

i want to get the mks50 to produce a low, thick bass sound that i can tirgger with my elka pm 13 midi pedals, but using the front panel controls i have not been happy with what i’ve done so far… i want to shake the building when i step on a low D

any help would be appreciated by this newbie

human fly
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★★

install Ctrlr. you can then export a ‘restricted instance’
                                  as an exe standalone. alternatively, if you put the Ctrlr.dll
                                  in your vst plugins folder, you can open the panel there, and
                                  run it. you can then, if you want, export a plugin instance
                                  and run it as a plugin.(if memory serves)
                                  nb: Ctrlr can run as 32 or 64bit, so whichever you need.

fish62858
                                  Participant

ah… knew i had missed something… thank you

so now, connect laptop to mks50 via usb to midi and program away?

human fly
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★★★

hopefully – i’ve never tried this panel. remember to set up
                                      midi in/out – and you need it connected both ways of course.
                                      someone said earlier they weren’t getting panel updating,
                                      so i don’tknow about that, see if you can get that to work.

fish62858
                                      Participant

thanks for the assist!

factorydiscipline
                                        Participant

Hey, thanks for this editor.

I am having some problem that I believe is on my end and nothing to do with a glitch with the editor.

Basically after following your instructions I can only do a few things:
                                          1. My MKS-50 will send the parameters to the editor (when I hit tone with midi lock on)
                                          2. Through the editor I am able to change between presets.

That’s it however. If I try to move any of the sliders no changes in sound occur. I must be missing something here because I also downloaded Alphabase and had the same exact issue. Is there some setting I’m missing? Memory protection is off.

Thanks

EDIT:
                                          I’ve resolved my issue: Turns out it’s my USB to MIDI cable. I have like the cheapest one offered on Amazon and it doesn’t support sysex which is how the MKS-50 and Alpha Juno receive data. I’ll leave this up so that others that might run into the issue will have a reference.

EDIT2:
                                          In case you have a cheap USB to MIDI cable like I do, you don’t need to bother buying a more expensive cable. The issue is that the firmware of that the cable provides is not (on its own) capable of processing the amount of data sysex sends. In order to mitigate this issue, download MIDIOX, reroute the midi going from CTRLR to MIDIOX and the MIDIOX going out. Then in MIDIOX limit the amount of data going out (through configuring buffers I believe). I played with the bytes allowed until I got this to work. Goodluck!

dtraum
                                          Participant

Hello everyone, I really like this ctrlr but unfortunately as most people in the thread mentioned, I never managed to get the functions to work on a different MIDI channel apart from 1. By any chance does anyone know how to fix this issue please? It would be greatly appreciated !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 81 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr