SammichSID with Ctrlr

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr SammichSID with Ctrlr

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sharpsignal
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 4
      • Total: 5

I’m having an issue using Ctrl with my SammichSID. It might be a simple thing I’m overlooking as I’m new to this. Using SammichSID alone works perfectly fine.

Both Ctrlr MIDI In and Out are set to my soundcard wich recieves and sends midi successfully from the sammich. Ctrlr MIDI Controller is not set.

I’ve downloaded the latest version of Ctrlr and the MBSID V2 panel for it.

I’ll start by explaining the behaviour I’m experiencing:

There are 2 main blue buttons: Recieve and Init
      Click Recieve > Sammich Ensemble jumps to EInt and Patch jumps to PInt. Isn’t recieve supposed to recieve FROM the Sammich? When I change parameters in ctrl now they do now effect the Sammich.
      Click Init > Ctrl patch initialisez and Sammich patch initializes. I can change parameters in Ctrl and Sammich responds. Good so far.. but then…
      (1) If I now want to save my patch in Sammich there is only one option: PInt. Ensemble and Bank cannot be changed.
      (2) from the moment I press F1 (play) on Sammich, the sammich patch jumps to PInt. Can’t change this anymore when trying to save. (When I press the Play button in Ctrl on the other hand, currently selected patch does not change to Pint (good I thought), but I still can’t save to another location, only to PInt.)

So basically whenever I do something in Ctrl, I can’t save my sounds to anything else than EInt|PInt while I would just like to save to for example E002|A002 (the patch I started editing in the first place).

I don’t see any other options to get the SammichSID patch data over to Ctrlr, so I can only start in Ctrl from an initialized patch.

Probably I am just missing something obvious, but I can’t see it and can’t find any documentation on this.

Can anyone here help pinpoint the issue?

Kind regards.

:: Web Development & Consultancy @ egitura.com ::

viktor
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 5

hi bro . In the past , maybe 6 months ago i got working my sammichsid with this pannel (midibox v2 pannel) but now i don´t know what happens i cant communicate with the sammich . Do you have your midi cables connected ? i have connected midi in and midi out cables but i don´t know how set the midi settings – routing properties. What do you have there ?

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        viktor
        Participant

Sharpsignal i found a way to save a preset in the sammichsid using the editor (midibox v2 pannel for ctrlr. Fist turn off the sammichsid and the editor . Next step : turn on the sammichsid and find a empty patch, for example B020. next step is créate a lead or bass or drum patch and save it in the sammichsid with a name. For example leadsid1 and save it in B020 . All this in the sammichsid. next step is start the ctrlr and open the sid editor pannel. next step is click in “receive” buttom and then press play (left córner below)in the pannel and you will hear the sound received and you will see it in the editor. Next step is edit the preset in the own editor , make the changes you want in the patch . And finnally save the changes in the sammichsid (NOT IN THE EDITOR) but in the own sammich. You should see that the preset have been saved. i did it like i say you here and it worked for me. Very important is find a ctrlr versión that works because i had some problems with the latest versión. Other aspect you should see is check your midi cables. Disconnect them from your interface and from your sammichsid and connect them (in and out) before turn on the units (sammich and interface). okey , tell me if you finally got saving a patch. have nice day.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by viktor. Reason: improve information
          Sharpsignal
          Participant

Thanks a lot for your response viktor.

I hope I will have time tomorrow to test your advice and then I will get back to you.

viktor
            Participant

okey no problem. I didnt know how to do it and i tried to find a solution. Don´t know if will work in your sammich hehe. remember always turn off the sammichsid before create and save a patch. And turn off the ctrlr , follow the steps like i said you and probably you will save the patch.

Sharpsignal
              Participant

Hey Viktor,

Unfortunately… But I keep getting locked into the state where the SID jumps to the EInt|PInt state and does not allow to save anywhere else. Recieving seems to work though.. partially.. there’s some very odd random behaviour it seems.

What previous version have you used? Maybe downgrading the Ctrl or panel version will do the trick..

viktor
                Participant

i use the ctrlr Version = 5.3.183 , the newest version gave me problems.
                  Do you want a videotutorial ? i can do a videotutorial for you if you need. You can see how i do it. Because my english is not good.

what firmware do you have ? When i turn on my sammichsid , the version appears is this: MIOS V1.9g (c) 2009 T.Klose – MIDIboxSID v2.0RC37

do you have the same version like me ?

Sharpsignal
                  Participant

Looks like I have some updating to do 🙂

I have 2.0RC35 but I see nowadays there is v2.044. But for this upgrade it is also recommended to update to MIOS v1.9h. So I will try updating everything before trying the downgrade of Ctrlr.

No need to do a video tutorial right now, but thanks a lot. I will first try what I can (upgrading, downgrading, etc..). I’ll let you know my progress, but I’m unsure when I will get to testing it all.

viktor
                    Participant

okey man. let me know your progress. How can i update my mios to version H ? i have the “G” hehe. Maybe with the mios studio software ? . See you

Sharpsignal
                      Participant

Yeah indeed, with the mios studio. I’m new to this so I have to search and try myself but I have bookmarked these links that should get me there:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html
                        http://www.ucapps.de/mios_studio.html
                        http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap_newbies.html

Just a bit overloaded with other work at the moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr