setting an image for a modulator

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr setting an image for a modulator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mpl
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 7
      • Total: 8

Hi
      I’m just starting to use ctrlr and i have started to set up a basic editor for waldorf pulse.I have modulators working(i.e. sending midi to synth) and i’m now trying to give the controls graphics.I have loaded in to the resource page my Knob animation(made in jKnobman), but it doesn’t appear in the menu for the modulator,Is there a refresh somewhere?
      I’ve been following the step by step guide 13 and as far as I’m aware I’ve done everything.
      looking forward to an answer
      mike

Ctrlr 5.3.198,mac osx 10.13.6,LogicX,Reaktor,E4xt,TG77,M1000,MKS70,Morpheus,Ks5000,Pulse,R8m,etc

Puppeteer
      Participant
        • Topics: 16
        • Replies: 185
        • Total: 201
        • ★★

You need to change the uiSlider to an ImageSlider. There is a field for the graphic resource under ImageSlider, that populates from your resources.

Also, the images only support vertical orientation not horizontal, so make sure you export as vertical out of jKnobMan.

The Puppeteer
        http://godlike.com.au

mpl
        Participant

Thanks you for prompt reply,I am using the image slider and the graphics are not appearing in the image field. I’m sure that the graphics are vertical,but I’ll check.
          I’m running the latest build on Mac OS X 10.5.

Ctrlr 5.3.198,mac osx 10.13.6,LogicX,Reaktor,E4xt,TG77,M1000,MKS70,Morpheus,Ks5000,Pulse,R8m,etc

goodweather
          Participant
            • Topics: 45
            • Replies: 550
            • Total: 595
            • ★★★

Hi, do you have the correct size for each frame in your image? What kind of image are you using (try with .png).
            Good luck!

mpl
            Participant

I’ve checked the image file, it’s vertical,.png,and i’ve set the sizes.Still it doesn’t appear in the selection, just “no choices” I noticed that other panels only have the image used in the field and the selector says “no choices”.
              I tried renaming the file name in the code on the utility page, but that just reverts back when leaving the page.
              The selection menu doesn’t seam to be getting the files from “resources”.could be a mac os problem?

mpl
              Participant

I’ve just tried an older build 5.3.122 and the graphics are available and work as expected and is still there when reloaded in the latest build,but no selection.
                this looks like a bug has got introduced in 5.3.198(Mac).

goodweather
                Participant
                  • Topics: 45
                  • Replies: 550
                  • Total: 595
                  • ★★★

OK. I’m using a PC so can’t help you.
                  Best is to register a bug (under Development menu on ctrlr.org page)…

mpl
                  Participant

Thank you for the help, i have reported it on the issues page
                    I’ll just use the older version to edit/make panels, I’m starting with a pulse editor as it’s quite a simple one to learn with(hopefully).
                    mike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 34 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr