Home Forums General News and releases Some exciting i hope news

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by jasefos jasefos 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    atom
    atom

Well i’m changing my job. This time i’m hitting samsung, i’ll be joining the Tizen OS build team. This change will help me with my C++ skills (the whole OS is written in C++). I hope to bring Ctrlr to Tizen too so that it can run on mobile devices (that’s what samsung is aimig at with Tizen).

Anyway i don’t know how this will work out, i just wanted to let you guys know.

Carl Licroy
    Carl Licroy
    Participant

Congratulations! Ctrlr is really a nice and powerful software, thanks for bringing it to us. Keep up the good work ๐Ÿ˜‰

layzer
    layzer
    Participant

sounds like a plan. good luck with it, Atom!

lilakmonoke
    Participant

all the best from berlin! controller has really opened up a few interesting doors to my synths … thanks!

lfo2vco
    lfo2vco
    Participant

Hey Ataom, congratulations and good luck with the new job.

msepsis
    msepsis
    Participant

congrats! It’s always good to be challenged with our day jobs so we can apply to our side projects!

While I think ctrlr on mobile is a cool idea, most synths are not intended to be mobile or used that way.. ๐Ÿ™‚ so getting the desktop/workstation version as robust as possible (hint: Program Manager!) would be my suggestion of priority.

Also sure it’s cool to be able to control synths w/ an ipad etc but I still don’t find that as useful as being able to control from a full fledged workstation that’s tied down in the studio with a large monitor attached.

Just my 2 cents on the idea. Get the program manager working please then get a mobile version working, thats my suggestion.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
    atom

The program manager has an absolute priority. Other platforms are far far away.

Tronic
    Participant

ATOM good news, let them see who you are ๐Ÿ˜‰

jasefos
    jasefos
    Participant

Love your work here ATOM – wishing you all the best for your new dayjob and looking forward to seeing how your additional C++ skills you learn will see further growth in CTRLR.

Really digging CTRLR incidentally!
    Thanks for bringing my rack mount analogue synths to life!

Cheers

JaseFOS

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
    --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
    --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
    --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

mecano
    Participant

Congrats & best wishes!

moroe
    Participant

Hello Atom

Any news about the Program Manager ?

I have buildt up my studio new and the only thing i miss is ctrlr with program manager.

Ctrlr with program manager will be amazing !!!!

Greets and thanks for your hard work you have done til now.

Moroe

atom
    atom

No news for now. I’m trying to fix what has been reported so far (as you can see in the changelog), this stuff needs to be working in order to provide the basic Ctrlr functionality. The program manager is still in development, i did not forget a lot of work has already been done, but it’s not ready yet.

jasefos
    jasefos
    Participant

Great news Atom! I see some new downloads for Linux and Windows have been added – I guess new OSX builds are in the works …

; )

Thanks again for all of your hard dev work! I tell all of my producer buddies about how CTRLR is revolutionizing hardware integration in my studio (in the hope of attracting more people to the community to build more panels for more synths).

Cheers

JaseFOS

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
    --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
    --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
    --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.