uiFixedImageSlider no incoming data on the panel

Home Forums General Programming uiFixedImageSlider no incoming data on the panel

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dasfaker 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tangram
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4
    • Total: 5

Hello,
    The uiSlider reacts to incoming MIDI data when I turn my controller pot, the value is displayed and the potentiometer in the panel rotates.
    The uiFixedImageSlider unfortunately not. Am I doing something wrong or how does it work?
    Hope for help,
    Greeting tangram

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 79
    • Replies: 779
    • Total: 858
    • ★★★

Are you assigning the correspondent image file to the FixedImageSlider? The difference between both is that the second one needs a image resource to replace the standard appearance of the slider.

tangram
    Participant

Hello,
    it’s not about the image file. When I turn the potentiometers on the hardware controller, Fine Tune, Shape, etc., the pointer and the value on the panel changes.
    If I turn the potentiometer Osc1 Type on the hardware controller, nothing changes on the panel.
    Greeting tangram

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

Could be many things, can you share a panel with just the ImageSlider?

tangram
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks für your help. Here my panel. Hope you understand, what I mean.
    Klaus

Attachments:

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

After looking at the panel, the FixedImageSlider have “multi” as midi message type, with 4 CC messages. What message send your controller pot to control this slider?

I’ve never tested this, but 4 individual messages will be treated by Ctrlr as independent one of another, and to control a panel slider only one message is needed, it can’t be controlled by a group of different CC messages.

You’ll need to use one single CC message for input, to control the pot, and create a LUA method to output the group of messages needed.

tangram
    Participant

Hallo,
    please look at the Attachment. You can see,monitor output 4 messages from panel to hardware,
    monitor input 3 messages.
    I must use the multi. For my MicroMonst it is ok. Thr MIDIMessages are NRPN.
    In the attachment there is a new Test, you can see the Octave Pot. It works from Hardware to Panel and from panel to hardware.
    Klaus

Attachments:

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

I don’t understand what the problem is: How many message do you expect on input, 3 or 4? The MIDI monitor only receives 3 messages, is the hardware sending 3 messages or 4? The slider will not react if it’s expecting 4 messages and only 3 are received.

tangram
    Participant

Hey,
    It’s all very strange. The hardware sends 3 messages and the panel must send 4. With uiImageSlider everything works as it should. Only with uiFixedImageSlider unfortunately not.
    Checked it with MIDIOx, too.
    I don’t know what to do.
    Greeting klaus

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

Let’s see if I understand: Both Octave knob and Wave knob output 4 messages and receive 3 messages?
    And Octave knob work bidirectionally but Wave knob don’t?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There is currently 0 users and 10 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,143, Posts: 15,126, Members: 12,024
Most users ever online was 5 on March 28, 2018 6:11 pm
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!