uiMidiKeyboard, playing w/ computer kb

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros uiMidiKeyboard, playing w/ computer kb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Is it possible to add a kb shortcut for Octave Up (suggest: / on numpad) and one for Octave Down (suggest: * on numpad) to change the octave at which the computer keyboard triggers when the uiMidiKeyboard is selected in the control panel? It’s a nice feature to have the ability to trigger notes w/o a midi controller but would be more handy w/ a way to shift up/down the octave the computer triggers

Additionally is there any way to shift the notes on the computer keyboard so that instead of ASDF being the low white keys to ZXCV while adding an additional row of white keys at QWER?

See attached image

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★
        msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

yeah I guess so but it’s not something i’m looking to attach to a modulator, more a key on the computer keyboard so that a user can shift octave up and down (would require two keys on the kb — I suggested “/” and “*” on the keypad.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

I’ll add that as a property so you can change that using Lua, i’ll add a Dialog Window method to Lua that asks for a KeyPress so you can easily create a custom button that will modify that property.

msepsis
            Participant
              • ★★★

just pinging on this request.. is it implemented yet? if it is I’m just not getting how it is supposed to work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 62 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr