uiXYSurface getting/setting x and y

Home Forums General Programming uiXYSurface getting/setting x and y

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    soundsafoolmusic
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 3

Firstly many thanks Atom and all contributors for Ctrlr and this forum. Really am enjoying being able to knock up VST’s to control my equipment. Much appreciated.

AS a noob, I am struggling to get to the properties and methods for uiXYSurface. I have tried the following but cannot get to the X and Y modulator methods/properties for this component:

mod = panel:getModulatorByName(“xyMod1”)

com = mod:getComponent()

what (mod)

what (com)

Ultimatley I want to be able to set X and Y coords as part of a modulation sequencer using a timer (timer looks straightforward) as I already have combo boxes nicely linked to the X and Y axis to control two parameters at a time .

Can anyone please tell me how can i get to retrieve and set these values for this class/component?

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

I don’t know a lot about uiXYSurface but I think it does not work this way. When you ad a Lua Method you can choose from a lot of templates, but there is no special template for the uiXYSurface. This tells me, that if you want to alter the value of a parameter by Lua code you will have to assign them directly not via the uiXYSurface.

soundsafoolmusic
        Participant
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 3

Hi Possemo, Many thanks for the reply.

As an interim I traced back to which faders where allocated for x and Y (via combo boxes) and read the values.

When ‘replaying’ modulations (via various timers) I am again sending values to the appropriate faders direct via Lua (which move and send values as I need). It works fine and faders are moving as needed, but xypad looks completely rubbish as the uiXYSurface just sits there doing nothing in replay mode.

I thought about hiding the pad when replaying, but that just leaves a big gap which is not good.

If only I could change xypad coords direct – Never mind. Not the end of the world.

I really like timer threading – very powerful!

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

yes timers are really great. It would be a lot of work but you could hide the xysurface and repaint it with the juce graphics functions (lines, circles etc..).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 32 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr