Unable to Install/Run Ctrlr AU plugin

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX Unable to Install/Run Ctrlr AU plugin

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    mecano
    Participant
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 11
      • Total: 11

Thanks for the tip /* and for ctrlr of course */ 😉

dergitarrist
      Participant
        • Replies: 3
        • Total: 3

I have a new problem using exported instances… Loads and loads of menus keep popping up on initialising CTRLR and prevent me from using CTRLR/Logic altogether. I couldn’t find a solution in the forums yet and since I’m quite new to CTRLR I can’t tell whether it’s CTRLR or the micron panel, or indeed Logic / OS X… best to explain in a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wffXtUYrP0

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

This is because all the actions that are programmed into the panel, that open those dialogs and some debug messages that the author put in there get triggered when loading the exported instance.

A solution would be to ask the author of the panel to take into account the initial state of the panel (there is a special Lua function to check if we are loading), so that those actions don’t get triggered on load.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to do a fix inside Ctrlr to prevent that, since Ctrlr sets the initial state for all the controls on load, and those controls show those dialogs, can the author of the panel write if this is intentional or maybe it’s a bug i did in Ctrlr and i can fix (perhaps those checks i wrote above are there but they are just not working?)

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

I’ll quickly post an example of what i mean:

Assuming that you have a lua method that pops up a dialog called myMethod, you attach it to a button on the panel, it will open that dialog whenever you open the instance or load the panel, there are 2 methods available to check what state Ctrlr is in (bootstrap state and program state), you need to check both to know 100% you can display any dialogs, below i wrapped that check into one simple method called “isReady” and used that, this should only open the dialog when someone clicks on the button.

myMethod = function(mod, value)
            	if isReady() then
            		utils.infoWindow ("Title", "Info")
            	end
            end

isReady = function()
            	if panel:getBootstrapState() == false and panel:getProgramState() == false then
            		return (true)
            	else
            		return (false)
            	end
            end
            dergitarrist
            Participant

Sorry, this is all way over my head… I asked nanasi to come here and have a look. I hope he does. 🙂

dergitarrist
              Participant

Sorted, thanks nanasi

msepsis
                Participant
                  • Topics: 219
                  • Replies: 732
                  • Total: 951
                  • ★★★

just to bring this topic back up to the surface – What is the current situation in regards to exporting AUs?

I currently have one mac on 10.9.2 (mavericks) and one on 10.6.8. I’ve tried exporting a restricted instance from ctrlr.au loaded within reaper in both OSs first using “ctrlr 1590” and “ctrlr 262f2710″… when i place the exported AUs into my AU folder, restart reaper and rescan my plugins it does not seem to see or recognize the AUs… Am I missing something? Is AU exporting still not ready?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

msepsis
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

*bump*

msepsis
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

PING
                      BUMP
                      PING
                      BUMP

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

This might be a cache issue. I noticed the same thing, it looks like OSX does not update it’s caches and you need to somehow force it. There are some solutions online but they depend on the OS version.

msepsis
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

🙁 No.

It’s not caused by a bad com.apple.audiounits.cache file. I don’t have Logic installed on the systems I’ve been testing with so this cache does not even exist.

Furthermore if I remove the ctrlr.component from my
                          ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder, I no longer have the ctrlr au after restarting Reaper. Then if I simply put the ctrlr.component *back in* the folder and restart Reaper I *do* have the ctrlr au after restarting reaper so it doesnt seem there is any cache voodu.

Can you (or anyone) confirm that they can even get a valid and working AU restricted instance exported from either ctrlr 1590 or the latest mac build (262f2710)?? If so which version of OS 10 is being used? I have access to everything 10.6 up to 10.9.3, in each with both ctrlr revs mentioned I get no working AU.

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

I’ll try to find some time tomorrow and do some testing on the mac. I’ll focus on the AU.

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

I found some problems that might affect this issue. A new unique 4 character ID needs to be generated each time we export an instance and it looks like it has to be unique. I’ll add some code so that you can specify that unique string, it should help. I’ll try to have something ready asap.

msepsis
                              Participant
                                • ★★★

Thanks Atom, anxious for a fix to this!

msepsis
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

Hi Atom –
                                  Is there any news here?

Is there any interim solution or workaround that I can do in the meantime in order to export an AU instance? I have some *very* anxious users awaiting an AU version.

Too bad you took down your paypal donation button so you can get donations for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated – you already know that from me though I should hope!

-Rob

atom
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★★★

There is not solution i know of for now, ineed to finish the code to get that working. Like i siad it’s Apple that changed how AU plugins are scanned and presented on the OS, i need to catch up with them and it should be fine.

msepsis
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★★

If there’s anything I can do to help (hookers, anything else etc) on this pls let me know.

atom
                                      Keymaster
                                        • ★★★★★

747c33f atom Sat Jun 28 21:59:13 2014 +0200 Mac AU fixes and instace export functionality.

Synthman
                                        Participant
                                          • Topics: 4
                                          • Replies: 16
                                          • Total: 20

Hi Atom, what is the next step to get the working AU wrapper for the latest built?
                                          Do not understand your post…

atom
                                          Keymaster
                                            • ★★★★★

This is just a line from the changelog it means that i already did that in the source, but it will be available in the next build (unless you decide to build it yourself).

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
                                          • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 67 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr