What are Programs / Snapshots?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr What are Programs / Snapshots?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    goodweather
    Participant
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 550
      • Total: 595
      • ★★★

In Ctrlr there is a menu called Programs and under it one finds Snapshots.
      What are those, what is the purpose, any example of usage?
      Thx!

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

“Program Snapshot” saves a snapshot of all current modulator values. It is a simple way of storing patches and send them to the synth. In the newer Ctrlr releases the menu is broken so it is not possible to send the snapshot to the synth. But you can view the snapshots in the menu “Midi Library”. Not all synths will appreciate being hit by a ton of parameter values, so it is not the best way of storing and sending patches anyway.

goodweather
        Participant
          • Topics: 45
          • Replies: 550
          • Total: 595
          • ★★★

Thx for the explanations!
          I was just curious about what it was. I’m using Lua and Midi messages for sending patches. So I’ll probably not be using snapshots…

wikter
          Participant
            • Topics: 5
            • Replies: 49
            • Total: 54

Adjust the midi message timing to avoid overloads in your machine. It will take some more time but the transmission will be safer.
            How do you do with Lua to send midi presets? Is there any prefab to use as an example?

MVXSynths
            R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

wikter
            Participant
              • Topics: 5
              • Replies: 49
              • Total: 54

Sorry, I forgot to tell that with the midi library you can build entire banks, just create a bank and copy the snapshots to it.
              You have to do it by keyboard or by copy+paste, drag n drop doesn’t works here.

MVXSynths
              R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr