What's the max number of items in a uiCombo?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros What's the max number of items in a uiCombo?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mdeca
    Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 8

Hi
      I have a uiCombo populated with a list of 450 waveform names. However, it seems that setValue only works up to 295; for setValue(296, true) and above the uiCombo displays “no selection”. Is this a known limitation and is there a way to increase it?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

That sound impossible, but i’ll test that and let you know asap.

mdeca
        Participant
          • Topics: 5
          • Replies: 3
          • Total: 8

Thanks Atom, but don’t waste too much time on it.
          After further testing, I found out that the limit is the value “Maximum value the modulator can have should be set from the UI component” in the Modulator tab. It is not editable but grows automatically while you populate the list. I think it got stuck to 296 somehow while I copy/pasted the combo content.
          Now I’m trying again on an empty panel with onli a uiCombo and it is working correctly up to 450, so maybe this was not a real problem.
          The correct way would be to populate the list from the resources but that’s above my LUA skills.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

Yeah i checked that, there is no real limit, i guess maybe 65536 but that souldnt be the limit (unless JUCE has some internal limits for that) anything up to that number u should be fine

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 80
              • Replies: 793
              • Total: 873
              • ★★★

A long time ago I had troubles with combos that had more than 4000 (can’t remember the exact number) characters in the combo content.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 63 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr