Window click/keyboard pass-through to window manager?

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux Window click/keyboard pass-through to window manager?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bjb
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts to control my window manager for things like full screen, moving, resizing and so on. It looks like ctrlr, or its toolkit perhaps, is being over-enthusiastic on intercepting all of these events and not passing through unknown events to the window manager. Is this something that can be changed easily?

Example: I resize a window by holding down the Windows key and clicking and dragging from inside the window, but in ctrlr this doesn’t work.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

What WM are you using, also are you using the binary distro or are you building Ctrlr yourself.

Can you also provide a list of keystrokes (if it’s more then one) that don’t behave as they should i’ll set up a similar environment to test, and if needed i’ll post the issues on the JUCE forum, or i’ll try to fix it myself.

bjb
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2

Hi Atom, thanks for the speedy response!

I’m using “awesome” as WM and I’m using the 5.3.0 64 bit binary build, though I saw this issue on 5.2.x when I last tried.

It’s the click pass-through that’s not working, not the keys as such, e.g. Windows key (keycode 133 keysym 0xffeb, Super_L) + left click for move, or right click for resize.

If it helps I can also email you my config file for awesome if you let me know your email address, though I think these ones are pretty standard in the config if you switch into floating window mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Linux’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr