Yamaha SY77

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Yamaha SY77

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Layzer2
    Participant
      • Topics: 21
      • Replies: 55
      • Total: 76

What a parameter nightmare. Had a couple crashes using the tabs, but i saved every 15 minutes of work…
      that saved my ass.

carlosagv
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 2
        • Total: 2

I want try this with TG77

Layzer2
        Participant
          • Topics: 21
          • Replies: 55
          • Total: 76

hello, making this work with the TG may require some changes to the sysex header code. I’ll see what i can do about making a TG version. hang tight

mongoosenz
          Participant
            • Replies: 1
            • Total: 1

That’s fantastic mate thankyou! I’ve had an SY77 for years and just find myself struggling to dig into the complex programming from the front panel, hopefully this will make the difference.

Cheers.

cley
            Participant

Is it available for downloading? I can’t see it in the device database.

Thanks a lot for making this panel.

Anonymous
                • Replies: 6
                • Total: 6

Where’s the panel download?

Horvath
                Participant

I would like to try this out with the TG77 if you’d be willing to share your SY77 panel.

bitleyTM
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 3
                    • Replies: 4
                    • Total: 7

OMG this is what I need too… please upload this. I have a TG77 as well – would love using your panel with it to try things out.

hegeldas
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 2
                      • Total: 3

i should pay for this one if compatible tyhe tg77, crazy machine but fairly complex edition :cry:

rma0083
                      Participant

Anyone know where I can find this panel?

Nikola
                        Participant
                          • Replies: 7

I have Yamaha SY77; badass synth, yeah OP can I try your panel for it?
                          If I understood correctly oyu are building one yourself?
                          Do you need some help with generating the visual elements maybe?
                          I would realy like to use that beast more via CTRLR
                          Cheers

layzer
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 6
                            • Replies: 36
                            • Total: 42

this is an update on this panel. i am redoing the voice configuration function which wasnt quite finished in the initial version. sorry. hope to get at least a somewhat useful version out soon. check back.

Dr3Tri
                            Participant
                              • Topics: 2
                              • Replies: 9
                              • Total: 11

Any progress? I would be very pleased and grateful from just AFM sound editing possibilities with clear and fast user interface.

Everything else, like combining 1-AFM to 2-AFM etc. could be done on SY-77 easily, but basic patch editing takes ages, while searching right parameter settings.
                              Absence of decent editor for SY-77 causes my synth to be totally unused, and that is a shame. It’s a great machine.

So, if you get your editor to that point that it could be easily used to edit AFM-patches, please upload it here.

All alternative editors there is are unusable IMO, even commercial MIDI Quest. They have so lousy user interface that it is easier and faster to just use SY77 to do everything.

What I am looking from editor program is that it brings fast and intuitive knob per function UI to synths that lacks it.
                              Current editors like SY-manager and MIDI Quest have tried to implement every possible function there is -but their programmers doesn’t quite seem to understand how important usability is for sound editing, they are full of very small tiny spots that should be dragged with mouse to do something. mY Wrists would get broken after couple days when using them. Their editor windows are not even scalable, which makes them even worse.

Please save us from using them! 🙂

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Dr3Tri.
                              Nikola
                              Participant

I’m sure Layzers panel will be awsome. Dr3Tri imo Sounddiver had the best SY77 editor. If Layzers panel would even “only” copy that one that would mean a new life for SY77 for sure. Being able to SEE clearly everything that is happening in a single patch in Sounddiver made me realize how complicated SY77 is compared to some other (legendary) synths, and taught me to appreciate what Layzer (and other developers in CTRLR community) is trying to do even more.
                                So, go Layzer!

overand
                                Participant
                                  • Replies: 2
                                  • Total: 2

As a TG77 user, I cannot even begin to say how exciting this is, potentially.

As it stands, our options are:

* Sound Diver (Obsolete, unsupported, unstable, not available for purchase anymore)
                                  * Sound Quest (Commercial, mixed reviews)
                                  * FM Alive SYM3 (Commercial, small developer, iffy looking interface, but geared for these synth models)

The TG77 and SY77 are amazing, deep, powerhouse synthesizers. But, of course, being Yamaha and being FM (among other things), they get pretty wacky complex to program!

layzer
                                  Participant
                                    • Topics: 6
                                    • Replies: 36
                                    • Total: 42

making progress…. all i need to do is clean up the modulator naming mess that adds -1 -2 -3 etc to the name after copying modulators, getting there!

lilakmonoke
                                    Participant
                                      • Topics: 5
                                      • Replies: 23
                                      • Total: 28

im all for it, there should be a yamaha fm taskforce! i dont have a tg-77 but a tq-5 and tg-33 and the big boss final nightmare of fm the FS1r. all it takes is to figure out the sysex code architecture and then i think all these 4op fm and 6op fm machines work similar. or am i wrong?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by lilakmonoke.
                                      Nikola
                                      Participant

Oh yes!
                                        Layzer my SY is lying in its sarcophagus waiting for your godly gifts. 😀

(I think I could start a cult of CTRLR panel developer worshipers 🙂 )

reklamchef
                                        Participant
                                          • Topics: 18
                                          • Replies: 40
                                          • Total: 58

any news on the editor?

I’m thinking of joining the campaign.

reklamchef
                                          Participant
                                            • Topics: 18
                                            • Replies: 40
                                            • Total: 58

it would be great if someone would upload their WIP because then maybe the group could contribute and create. i haven’t a clue how to do it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 91 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr