Yamaha SY77

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Yamaha SY77

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    mckayallday
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 8
      • Total: 9

Stoked for the release of this hard work! I have an SY77 on its way to me this week 🙂

reklamchef
      Participant
        • Topics: 18
        • Replies: 40
        • Total: 58

if anyone has this panel, please upload it even if it is still unfinished.

mckayallday
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 8
          • Total: 9

News flash:

Someone has created two TG77 editors for Midi Designer (on ipad). One is just for the AFM side of things. Then he went ahead and made one that does AFM and AWM! Perhaps this would make porting it to Ctrlr easier?

reklamchef
          Participant

I have started a panel for the SY77 / TG77 , so far it does nothing but it’s the first concrete step towards getting a panel made.

also, the 77 will probably take many years to make a panel for, it is very, very complicated.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            meastempo
            Participant
              • Topics: 0
              • Replies: 12
              • Total: 12

Hi there,

I have uploaded my attempt to an SY77 editor, it’s available in the panel downloads.
              Been working on this for 3months and i’l having an break for now, i can only test this on my SY77 if someone want to convert to support TG77 or SY99 should be great.
              My programming skills are very basic and still learning LUA in small steps, this editor can certainly be much more efficient programmed, any help are welcome.
              /Anders

reklamchef
              Participant

Anders,

this is amazing. it works to some extent with my TG77.

It needs a Banks/Library tab too. I noticed that it’s not possible to modify your panel, is that on purpose?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by reklamchef.
                meastempo
                Participant

Hej Reklamchef!

If it’s compatible with TG77 thats good news, difference between SY77 TG77 and SY99 should be device numbering in the syxex messages, midi implementation manual should tell the difference.
                  See the SY77 editor as an early release, there will be updates later on.

Bank and Library would be great to, I’m struggling to understand the feedback matrix and hopefully implement more function further on. I have been working so intense on this editor and SQ80 – D50 panels (available from downloads page) so it’s a break from CTRLR for me during summer.

If you want to edit SY panel you open /Panel/Layer editor and Click/Buttons layer (to hide “Buttons” layer), then you can edit with Panel mode Ctrl+E (CMD+E).

jasefos
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 13
                    • Replies: 76
                    • Total: 89

Great to see another Layzer creation in progress! Bravo!

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
                    --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
                    --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
                    --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

meastempo
                    Participant

An new version is available from July 23, a few bugs found and corrected.

Added reset button for envelopes
                      Added Scaling envelope (still under construction)
                      Fixes in feedback matrix and Algorithm select

Patch Select button only sends program change for now, and Edit button sends dump request.
                      Some parameter did not update correct before when changed patches rapidly.

meastempo
                      Participant

Another Update available 26 july (v1.02)

Scale envelopes and note select for all envelopes added.
                        Pitch env select AFM bug fixed (from previous 1.01)

reklamchef
                        Participant

i recall there being ‘looping’ envelopes somewhere in the 77, have you implemented that or do you at least recall which parameter does that?

meastempo
                          Participant

AFM Amp Envelopes S1 to S4 parameters is for looping.
                            The SY77 manual page 124 describe the EG envelope and all it’s settings, it’s called “segment loop point”.

reklamchef
                            Participant

i guess that needs some advance scripting to show in the envelope section?

this panel is such a cool thing, thank you again for sharing it!

meastempo
                              Participant

Update Sept 2015

• Totally reworked GUI with all envelopes visible for AFM, editor size is much larger due to this change.
                                • Added support for noise and AWM in Feedback matrix and 2 input Scr for specific algorithms.
                                • Initialize patch function in Common tab now working.
                                • Controller set, affects Keyboard version (mod wheel, Pitchbend, aftertouch)

wikter
                                Participant
                                  • Topics: 5
                                  • Replies: 49
                                  • Total: 54

Maybe it’d be “resizable” to the SY22/TG33, taking away filters and adapting messages.
                                  Is it downloadable?
                                  Need a link!!!

MVXSynths
                                  R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

meastempo
                                  Participant

Panel is available under downloads/panels, both new and old version.

http://ctrlr.org/yamaha-sy77-editor-2/

wikter
                                    Participant
                                      • Topics: 5
                                      • Replies: 49
                                      • Total: 54

Yes!! I forgot to check there…

Thanks!

MVXSynths
                                      R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

ryanpg
                                      Participant
                                        • Replies: 4
                                        • Total: 4

Above it’s reported “it works to some extent with my TG77.” But to what extent? Anyone know? I’ve got a TG77 that I’m repairing and would love to be able to use this panel with it once it’s running again.

If there’s work to be done, can someone give me a hint? If it’s a matter of simply searching for device IDs in sysex, that should be a pretty quick matter correct?

Any encouragement would be great! And thanks so much for the hours of effort that have gone into this panel!

meastempo
                                        Participant

Update March 05 2016 , available under downloads/panels.

• GUI updates with new knobs and color changes.
                                          • Added 6 parameters in AFM – AWM FineTune/FreqMode/FixedNote/RateScale in pitch envelope.
                                          • Some LUA script cleanup.
                                          • Now support for TG77, switch added for SY77 or TG77 mode.

I’ve sold the SY77 and got an TG77 instead, this new version is tested for TG77.
                                          Sysex msg for Mute buttons is the only difference i found for both units (since hardware TG77 must press 2 buttons to mute Operator or turn OSC element 1-4 on off vs the SY77).
                                          The synth have to first enter the OSC menu to get the Operator mute switches (and element 1-4 OnOff) working as this switches shares same sysex msg for AFM element 1 and 2,
                                          Just turn any button/knob slightly (ex Operator Level) in AFM 1 or 2 tab before using the Operator mute buttons.
                                          Also Remember to set the editor for SY or TG mode.

meastempo
                                          Participant

Update March 20 2016 , available under downloads/panels.

• Rebuilt Feedback Matrix with toggle buttons, now updates correctly
                                            from hardware sysex msg to the editor, source In1 & In2, noise & AWM.
                                            • For TG77, feedback info panel update fix
                                            • More LUA script cleanup.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 80 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr