Yamaha SY77

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Yamaha SY77

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    mckayallday
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 8
      • Total: 9

Heya, Meastempo. Thanks for the updates! I was wondering if using an external controller was working for you in this panel? I can’t seem to get that feature working on this one. It could fully be user error or maybe some parameter is disabled in the panel perhaps? Just checking! Using my main controller would make this panel much better for me, but I can’t get it happening.

meastempo
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 12
        • Total: 12

Hi mckayallday,
        I’ve tested the editor with ableton live 9.6 on OSX and ableton Push controller only, parameters 0 to 63 is visible from CTRLR plugin SY77 TG77, and shows correct in push controller.

Ableton seems to automate only 0-63 parameters as default, there is a tweak for controlling up to 128 parameters here:
        https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/using-push-with-plugins/
        I can’t answer if using other DAW’s.

If you have SY/TG editor loaded and open “panel/modulator list” and click on column “vstindex” you see all modulators have been numbering, starting at 1 to 1425.
        Maybe you should try renumbering those modulators you want to control in your DAW, pick a few and replace the “vstindex” number, starting from 0 up to 63 (or up to 128)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by meastempo.
        mckayallday
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 8
          • Total: 9

Thank you for that info. I do appreciate it. However, I was using the standalone CTRLR editor in this case without a DAW. I’ll poke around some more and see if I can figure out if there’s some user error or MIDI filtering going on that I don’t see when trying to use an external controller. I’d be curious to know if your rig works as a controller for the SY77 or TG77 via CTRLR in the standalone version?

meastempo
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 12
            • Total: 12

Ok, i have not tested the editor with an external controller and no DAW involved like you describe, only CTRLR as plugin in DAW, only using standalone mode when building and testing.
            I found this:

What is the Shift click on component menu used for?

Looks like midi mapping for CTRLR.

wikter
            Participant
              • Topics: 5
              • Replies: 49
              • Total: 54

To get all those VST parameters working you need to copy the file Ctrlr_xxx.overrides existing in the installation folder to the same Folder the vst DLL is.
              The name must be the same the DLL has.
              Edit with notepad and set maxvstparams (or something like that) to the value you prefer although the predefined 512 use to be enough for any machine.
              For some Roland and Yamaha you’ll need 1000 parameters or more.

Oh, and sorry for my bad English.

MVXSynths
              R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

wikter
              Participant
                • Topics: 5
                • Replies: 49
                • Total: 54

He, he… Well, you must set it to 1425 as this seem to be the number of parameters the SY77 has.

MVXSynths
                R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 61 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr