Zenity fileselector freezes my panel

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux Zenity fileselector freezes my panel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    m.tarenskeen
    Participant
      • Topics: 30
      • Replies: 113
      • Total: 143
      • ★★

Hi,

Ctrlr freezes as soon as my panels try calling a fileselector (using utils.openFileWindow() in my Lua code).

I am on Linux Fedora 23, and yes, as recommended, I have disabled the option “Use OS native file open/save dialogs” in the Ctrlr settings. I can open a filedialog to load/save a panel. (Without disabling that option even that freezes my system).

My system freezes if the filedialog is called from within my Panel using Lua code.
      For example my Korg-DS8 panel (available from the Download section) suffers from this, while it used to work without such problems in the past. I can un-freeze my system if I kill the running “zenity” process manually from a terminal. But my the nice Load and Save buttons in my panels are useless until there is a solution. Help!

I am using Fedora 23 and Ctrlr-5.3.201

m.tarenskeen
      Participant
        • ★★

I just tried the same panels in a Windows machine: no problem.
        The problem is on Linux only.

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

This is a linux issue not Ctrlr, there is a special option in ctrlr to use JUCE own file selector dialogs, use that to go around the problem

m.tarenskeen
          Participant
            • ★★

This is a linux issue not Ctrlr, there is a special option in ctrlr to use JUCE own file selector dialogs, use that to go around the problem

If you read again my first message: I know that, and I tried that: in Edit->Preferences (Ctrlr/Settings) I already disabled “Use OS native file open/save dialogs (disable for Linux). If I load or save a panel I see indeed a fileselector that differs from my Gnome/GTK+ fileselector.

But if I try to open a fileselector from within LUA code for a panel – my panel can save/load a patchdump to/from a *.syx file – Ctrlr freezes. If I now, while Ctrlr is in frozen condition – open a terminal and try the “ps x” command I can see that Ctrlr has tried to use zenity to open a native fileselector:

12461 pts/0 Sl+ 0:00 ctrlr
            12477 pts/0 Sl+ 0:00 zenity –file-selection –title=Load Patch 2>/dev/null

Is there a separate option to force the use of JUCE dialogs instead of native (zenity) dialogs also for inside panels? I could not find it?

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

there is a parameter to the lua called useOSNativeDialogBox it’s a boolean parameter, set it false and a JUCE based file selector should appeat, does this work ?

m.tarenskeen
              Participant
                • ★★

Thank you!!!

Now it works, even on my Linux box! It was set to “true”, and I changed it to “false” in my Lua code.

Thinking about it … I will also try what happens if I don’t set that parameter. Maybe in that case it will default to the choice from the Ctrlr settings dialog?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Linux’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 70 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr