An editor for the Hughes & Kettner GrandMeister 36 guitar amp.
Here is a new version for this panel (v2.3) with iPad format import and export (.gm36memory) and global power soak setting.
Once started the Editor will try to connect to the Amp (don’t forget to setup the “Input” / “Device” and “Output” / “Device” in the “Midi” menu). Once connected it will synchronize with the Amp by downloading all the presets from it.
There is a “Library” / “Amp” toggle button in the “Preset” section allowing to switch between editing the current Amp preset or the current Library preset. When in “Library” mode, the presets stored in the amp are not modified, unless you use the “Store” or “Store As” button.
The “Compare” section allows you to visualize and ear the differences between the current preset before and after your modifications. When flipping the toggle button, any modified command will turn orange and switch between the original and modified value. If you want to cancel your changes, simply hit the “Restore Orig.” button.
In the “Settings” screen, you can use the “Power Soak” toggle to switch between “Global” (Power Soak value is kept the same on every preset) or “Preset” (each preset has it’s own Power Soak value) mode. The “Global” mode is only available in “Library” mode.
The application is now capable of loading files generated with H&K’s iPad application. Simply select a .gm36memory file from the “Load” screen, it will be automatically converted and saved in a .gm36 file. You can also export your libraries into iPad compatible .gm36memory files with the “Save for iPad” button.
Download Windows Application (2.3) – Downloads: 2,402
Download Mac Application (2.3) – Downloads: 1,043
– Version 2.3 : Fixed delay time and tempo displayed values to align with iPad app. Fixed “callback” errors. Fixed synchronization between app and FSM footswitch. Added .gm36memory file support. Added Global Power Soak setting.
– Version 2.2.1 : Fixed delay / reverb / modulation state and global mute management. Fixed boost button image in compare mode.
– Version 2.2 : Fixed progress bar bugs. Added upload error recovery. Added compare mode. Added settings window. Added help window. Added connection detection procedure on connected/synced led click. Added update check.
– Version 2.1.1 : Fixed bug of Modulation Type rotary not updating. Fixed bug of fx loop / boost / noise gate not correctly synced with amp
– Version 2.1 : Updated design thanks to image resources kindly provided by Hughes & Kettner. Fixed Midi Out channel detection for “Store” and “Store As” buttons.
– Version 2.0.1 : Fixed “Restore” and “Send to amp” bug. Fixed bug with boost checkbox changing the modulation intensity. Fixed “Store” and “Store As” bug when not using Channel 1.
– Version 2.0 : Added Backup/Restore and preset management feature
– Version 1.1 : Added preset naming support
– Version 1.0 : First version with only live edit mode