Editor / Librarian for the Oberheim Matrix-1000
It should work on any Matrix-1000 but I strongly recommend you to upgrade to firmware v1.20 from Bob Grieb or v1.16 from GliGli. I am using v1.20 which is an awesome upgrade for the Matrix1000.
This panel has to be requested. Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give a short explanation why you want this panel.
A few screenshots showing the panel:
If you think your Matrix1000 is reacting erratic try the following:
1. Sytem Reset: hold the “Enter” button while switching on. It will show the firmware version. Wait until device starts up. Patch 00 of Bank 0 will be initialized to an init patch.
2. Calibration Procedure: Select “Ext Funct”, push button 7, push Enter, push Enter again. Display will show “CAL”. Wait until device reverts to Patch mode.
3. If you are using firmware v1.16 or v1.20 maybe GliGli-Detune is set by accident. Set it by using CC 94, or use my Ctrlr panel. GliGli-Detune is not saved with the patch parameters.
4. If you are using an old Oberheim firmware (e.g. v1.11) you will face a load of bugs. Upgrade to a bugfixed/enhanced firmware. If you live in europe you can get a ROM chip programmed with v1.20 from Untergeek. Within the USA you can get it directly from Bob Grieb: Tauntek Website.
5. Master Parameters may not be set correctly. Use my panel to set it to your preferences.
6. If this did not help you may have a hardware prob. Common issue: memory backup battery’s life has ended. Replace it with a new one. For this you will have to desolder the old battery.
7. If this still does not help you may have a faulty CEM3396. The “small body” CEM3396’s used in the Matrix1000 are getting rare. The “wide body’s” used in the Matrix6 are still available for about 6$. There are ways fitting a “wide body” into a Matrix1000 (i mean without using a sledgehammer).
The Patch parameters are not explained in the Matrix1000 manual but they are identical to the Matrix6. The Master parameters are different though, and the Matrix1000 has no Split-mode. I OCR’ed the Matrix1000 and Matrix6r pdf-manuals to enable full text search:
If you don’t know how to use Ctrlr my tutorial for the SuperJX panel may help you:Download