This is a panel for the Moog Source with Encore MIDI retrofit called “SMK”.
I made the panel for my Source with the newest Encore firmware v4.11. You need at least v4.09 in order to use all features of this Ctrlr panel.
Encore Software Updates: LINK
I won’t make a tutorial unless someone asks for it. If you don’t know how to use Ctrlr my tutorial for the SuperJX panel may help you:Download
A list of the SMK features:
– patch memory expansion: 16 banks with 16 patches making 256 patches
– sending and receiving the editbuffer
– sending and receiving the 16 patches (one by one) from the current bank
– sending and receiving bulk dumps
– receiving pitchbend, notes over 4 octaves, and the 3 Midi CC’s mentioned below.
– arpeggiator can be set to sync to midiclock, ppq can be set to 3,6,12 and 24
There are two drawbacks:
– internal sequencer is disabled. (I don’t need it)
– Mod-Wheel is not controllable via Midi. This is quite a pity.
Only Cutoff, Resonance and Glide are reacting to CC’s. For all other parameters the panel has to send the whole apr-sysex dump when changing a value. But this works surprisingly smooth. It is very close to “realtime” albeit the CC’s are reacting even smoother.
2017/01/04: latest panel Download
When you fit the Encore SMK Midi retrofit some tuning has to be done anyway – while your at it I recommend to do the complete tuning procedure. It made a notable difference on mine.
Tuning Procedure (Service Manual Scan): Download