Reply To: What is the status of GitHub branches, how do these relate to Ctrlr versions

Home Forums General Programming What is the status of GitHub branches, how do these relate to Ctrlr versions Reply To: What is the status of GitHub branches, how do these relate to Ctrlr versions

Possemo
Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 638
    • Total: 652
    • ★★★

VST v3 would be nice, but I fear that it could be a lot of work to develop a Ctrlr v3-VSTi plugin. When my work on the Korg 05R/W panel will be finished I will have another try to build Ctrlr for Win. I think the first step would be to try to build the standalone version, then I will maybe try to mess around with the plugin. The VST v2 components should still be available somewhere.

I think another very important thing is the ability to make instances. It just doesn’t feel right when you load Ctrlr and then load a panel into Ctrlr. When you load a dozen panels into the same Ctrlr instance panels interfere, Lua code mixes up, and the whole thing eventually crashes. Moreover, to protect your work from people who are selling panels a restricted instance would be needed.

Ctrlr