Reply To: Channels and omni mode.

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion Channels and omni mode. Reply To: Channels and omni mode.

JT64
Participant
  • Topics: 11
  • Replies: 23
  • Total: 34

Well given that “GM” mode is when the synth is in GM bank using those programs. A straight program change
computer send [192 + channel, program] -> synth

This kind of program change, just will not do it “unless midichannel is 1” i could probably set it to two or whatever channel under menu Global 3A but not to multi receive mode.

I beleive that would make it hard to play a regular GM “midi files” on the device?
And it also do not seem to support the usual drum setup on midichannel 10. “From what i can see”

Well it is hard to say i do not think i have managed to change midichannel, just programs on midichannel 1.

If you further in your development of the panel for 05/RW find out, i would appreciate if you write a line or two.

Have you got program changes for kits in drumbank to work, do you do them different from program changes in other banks?

“Oh sorry it just dawned on me you say that omni mode is multi mode” i will try that if it find howto set it.
Looking around a bit i see that your multimode actually maybe sequenser mode “multitrack mode” on the Korg N36¤, i think that’s it.
Well it make sense you want to be in sequenser mode playing midi files.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by JT64.
Ctrlr