Reply To: LUA Scripts in Positive Feedback Loop

Home Forums General Programming LUA Scripts in Positive Feedback Loop Reply To: LUA Scripts in Positive Feedback Loop

dnaldoog
Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 480
    • Total: 484
    • ★★

Hi Spiffo,

I have tried to unravel what’s going on there, but it is confusing. I think I would need to have a deeper understanding of C++ than I do to really know what’s going on, but what I meant by value(“changedByLua”,5) is that if you change a modulator using lua ie from a function triggered by an incoming midi message or another modulator you will notice ‘source’ passes in 5. If the user adjusts the dial, you will see 4 passed in.

I discovered this and have used it in the C-PLG150-AN, but have not really read about it on the forums. I’m sure it would be referred to somewhere else though. ctrlr.org/c-plg150-an/

So if you had a function like:

runsource = function(--[[ CtrlrModulator --]] mod, --[[ number --]] value, --[[ number --]] source)

panel:getLabel("d"):setText(""..source)
    end

… all you would need to do to filter out non-user GUI changes to the modulator:

runsource = function(--[[ CtrlrModulator --]] mod, --[[ number --]] value, --[[ number --]] source)
    if source == 4 then
    --run the code
    end
    end

See attached panel.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: reworded confusing text
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ctrlr