Reply To: SysEcx Help (Roland FA 06, SN-S Edit)

Home Forums General Programming SysEcx Help (Roland FA 06, SN-S Edit) Reply To: SysEcx Help (Roland FA 06, SN-S Edit)

llatham
Participant
  • Topics: 6
  • Replies: 15
  • Total: 21

>You are right. The different partials just need a different “offset”. So it’s easy to assign all the modulators for another partial when you have one partial done. But That’s just achieved by copy and paste. There’s no macro way of handling it, unfortunately.

The more I thought about it, the more I think I need a separate “page” or “panel” for each Partial anyway, so I’m just going to go through the modulator list and change all those 20s to 21s and 22s manually. Shouldn’t take to long once I get Partial 1 done and organized like I want it.

>Duplicate panels. Might work. But isn’t easier for the end-user to put it all in one panel?

One thing I don’t understand is the size…I guess the end user could load up a Partial 1, 2, and 3 panel and just have them all up on screen to switch between.

It seems like it would be super huge and you’d have to scroll around a lot on screen to get to everything you want, so a huge panel you can’t see all of seems kind of bad…but if that’s the only way I can do it…I guess I could make one, zoom way out, copy and paste the others, and then an end user can just zoom what they need to.

Or I could use the Global value method but I’d have to go in and edit all those 20s to be K1 or something – doesn’t seem to be the best way to do it.

For the AU and Logic or reaper questions, can’t help you with that. Windows user here. There’s a mac in the house here somewhere but it’s occupied by my Gf.

Have you made a VST for it? Or is it always basically just opening up the program within your DAW and running it like the Standalone? I was thinking maybe there was a way to turn it into a VST or other plug in type that would be the only thing the end user needed – and they wouldn’t have to do all the editing or loading of panels, etc…

I learned how do to Groups and add a little color (do you know where there’s a chart with the color codes?) so I think I’m going to do a little more visual design tonight – the values stand out better on the page with the grey background.

Thanks again!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by llatham.
Ctrlr